Simula

NOTE: Again, I changed some parts in the story, nonetheless, it still has the same plot and characters.  I included flashbacks in between chapters so you might get confused especially those who have read this before. I highly suggest that you read the story again. Thank you so much for understanding! 

---

SIMULA

I jumped in shock when the door suddenly opened making a loud sound. It revealed my best friend, Minerva. Her eyes widened as she examined my empty luggage. Sa iritasyon ay nagmartsa siya palapit sa aking kama.

"I already told you to fix your things, Veign!" she yelled at me while giving me a death glare.

Umirap ako sa kawalan. The girl really had a big and loud mouth! I told her earlier this morning when she left me that I would still think about my plan to go home. I would fly to my hometown the next day but I couldn't get myself to prepare for it. Nagdadalawang isip ako.

"Minerva, can you please just leave me alone for an hour more. Nag-iisip pa ako." Iniwas ko ang tingin sa kaniya lalo nan ang umusok na ang ilong niya sa inis.

"What the hell? You've been thinking about this for the whole week, Veign! I'd just like to remind you, my spoiled brat best friend, that your step mother called you last week begging for you to come home this weekend. And also, I'd like to remind you that your father's not doing well anymore. He had a heart attack, for God's sake!" she frustratedly said.

I took a deep breath three times and then I closed my eyes hoping that this way, I would be able to do what I really need to do.

Minerva, my best friend, was right. My step mother, Tita Monica called last week to inform me about my father's condition. My dad's illness was becoming more and more sever as time passes. Iyon ay dahil na rin sa nangyari noong atakin siya ng isang beses nang umalis ako sa aming probinsya. No, it wasn't entirely my fault. Pero siguro ay nakadagdag din sa stress na nararanasan niya ang padedesisyong kong mamuhay mag-isa at malayo sa kanila.

"Listen, Veign," finally, Minerva's voice calmed down. "You know I am with you all the way. I'm aware of the fact that you don't wanna go home yet. Pero kailangan ba silang madamay, huh, Veign? They weren't the one who were at fault. Isang tao lang naman ang nanakit sa'yo pero bakit kailangan mo silang idamay lahat? Also, let me remind you that it's your home. Ayaw mo bang umuwi sa kanila? Kung mayroon mang dapat umalis doon—"

"Miv," I stopped her before she said something out of hand.

She was right. My family needed me the most and right now I didn't have a choice but to go home. Ilang besesko na ring nakiusap ang stepmother ko na si Tita Monica na umuwi ako. Before, they would usually be the one to visit me. But because I was too busy being independent, they were not able to see me all the time.

I had been living on my own eversince I left Riogordo. Riogordo was my hometown. It was located in the northern part of Luzon. Now, I lived thousands of kilometers away from it. Naging mahirap sa akin ang mapalayo lalo na kay daddy. But thinking that being independent would help me grow more, I chose to live on my own, away from everyone.

Ilang malalim na buntong hininga ang muli kong pinakawalan. I was really hesitant to go home because of one thing. It was one of the reasons why I left. And even until now, it still affected my decision of going home to my family.

Kinuha ko ang mga damit kong nasa kama. Nakalatag na ang lahat ng dadalhin ko ngunit hindi ko magawang ipasok ang mga ito sa maleta.

"Let me get your other important things in the bathroom," Minerva said but I stopped her.