Chapter 21: Change of plans

The news went on and a plane got high jacked trying to fly to Shawnee.

"Oh my gosh, that is Emery!"

As Emery was on the plane suddenly things shifted and it was high jacked and steering elsewhere.

*Um this is not going the right way and there is a lot of us here on the flight.*

Suddenly the plane is having problems so she takes a parachute and jumps out of the plane as it goes and her stuff is shipped to Alex.

She ends up stuck in a tree and lands in Edmond.

"Help! Help!"

Some guy comes to his backyard and finds her.

"Hey look, Brian! A girl got stuck in our yard. She looks pretty cute freaking out."

"Ok I am late for a new job so please help me out."

"I think she is lost. And hungry let's help her."

"Where are you trying to go miss?"

"To Shawnee, I got a job offer there."

"That is an hour away from here."

"Y'all leave her alone that is my cousin!"

"Oh sorry Renny."

"Emery, what are you doing in Edmond besides being stuck?"

"Well, my plane got high jacked so I jumped out of the plane and landed here."

"I see. Where exactly are you trying to go?"

"Shawnee but I don't have much money to get there."

"Then you can work in the same physical therapy office as me. Plus if you need a place to stay then stay with me."

"Renny I have never met you before."

He shrugs.

"Well, that is because your mom hated my dad and was jealous of our happy life so she never spoke to us and shut us out."

"That explains it."

"Where is your luggage?"

"They shipped it to my boyfriend's house thinking I died which I didn't. So I don't have anything."

"Then why don't we get you something's for you to settle. Do you have any Christmas plans?"

"Well, I plan to be with my boyfriend for Christmas."

"Anything special? All of us thought because of your beauty you would get married quickly."

"Well I was married before to a terrible guy and my boyfriend now is a lot better. We've talked about it we just want to have fun together for Christmas nothing too special."

"Do you think he will propose to you?"

"Not sure. I just know if he were to ask I'm already saying yes."

"You know you are way better than aunt Karen. More independent and determined."

"Thanks!"

"I'm grateful you came to town. Edmond is big and safe and you will love it here! The pay is pretty good too."

"Sweet! Any good food places because I am so hungry."

"Oh yeah, we have lots. I'll take you to lunch and I am head Doctor over hiring the physical therapists so you will start your shift tomorrow and will be on our staff. We give our own branded scrubs so you should be set."

"Wow just like old times."

"You miss him don't you?"

"Yeah, I do. I just feel like it is a bit much to live with him before I am married and I am honestly kind of scared to get married again. I don't want to be used for wrong."

"If he is honest and respects you then he is a better man than your first."

"So I am stuck in a tree can you help me."

"Oh right. Give me your hands and I'll help you out."

Emery listened to Renny and he helped her out. Then he caught her and she settled in.

"Oh it's Black Friday today so I need to find Alex a gift."

"Alright um, let's find you some clothes to buy first."

"Alright."

Renny takes Emery to the store and she finds herself some clothes on sale and manages to get what she needs and she pays for them. She then finds Alex the perfect gift.

"So you came from LA to Oklahoma?"

"Yeah for work. Plus it is cheaper to live here."

"Well, I hope you don't fall in love with a cowboy because there is plenty of them here."

"Well, those aren't my type. I am more for good city guys."

"We got those too."

"Well, I'll just lie and say I am engaged. You know till Alex and I workout."

"What if he doesn't? What if he dumps you?"

"Then I will find myself a good Oklahoma guy instead."

"Come get some dinner and I am sure my roommates would love to get to know you."

"Yeah, they both seem weird."

"They are more likely to be single forever."

Emery laughs.

*Just maybe I can have everything right.* Emery thought to herself