Chapter One

The telophone rang as soon as I came back from the orchestra rehearsal.

"Hello?" I said when I picked it up.

"My darling girl! How are you today?" my Peter asked in a happy tone.

Peter and I had been engaged for two months now, just before he went to Professor Kirke to study for his final exams at University. I already started my studies at Royal Academy of Music. My life couldn't be happier except that my parents decided to live on a farm, down in Surrey, leaving me in London to be more independent. 

"I'm perfectly fine, thank you. How is your studying going? Is the Professor very tough?" I asked him and we both laughed.

"My studying is going well and the Professor is as funny as he always was." Peter said "Are you packed already?" 

"Yes, of course I am. I'm going to your cousin's house in less than two hours." I replied loking at my watch.

"I don't know how to thank you for moving into Scrubb's place with Lu and Ed..." Peter started.

"Pete, really, it's nothing, it should be me who should be grateful as I don't have to stay at other places that I don't know." I answered him and sighed "I know you hear this every time we call each other but... I miss you." 

"And I miss you, I miss going to your rehearsals and seeing you in the middle of the song playing solo..." Peter said in a charming tone.

I laughed "And then seeing me getting the wrong note again."

Peter laughed as well "You're still learning, Ju. Oh, wait..." Peter stopped and I heard someone else's voice in the background "I'm so very sorry, but I have to go, dear girl." Peter said in a sad voice.

"And so do I. Alright, Mr Pevensie, I wish you a very good day and wish me luck on getting on with your little cousin." I said and laughed a little.

"Oh, God help you, Julia. Goodbye my love." Peter said and sent me some 'kisses'.

"Bye." I whispered and smiled to myself.

Can a person love another that much?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Knock, knock.

"Julia! How lovely to see you!" Lucy opened the door to her cousin's house and welcomed me with her open arms and a beautiful smile.

When I looked at her I was amazed how much she has grown up for those two years since I met her. She was such a beauty.

"Oh, Lucy, how delighted I am to be able to stay with both you and Ed... Where's you uncle?" I asked her putting my suitcase on the floor.

"Oh, he's at work, he should come back in two hours and our annoying cousin is upstairs playing with his bugs..." Lucy made a funny face and I laughed.

"Look what the wind brought us!" Edmund said happily going down the stairs.

"Edmund Pevensie!" I said and gave him a friendly hug.

Ed put his arm around me and Lucy and said looking at both of us: "It's gonna be fun!".

Lucy and I giggled.

"And you must be the wonderful friend of my cousins." Eustace came downstairs as well.

The very appearance of him made me feel angry and annoyed.

"And you must be a wonderful cousin of my friends." I said in the same tone and Ed and Lu laughed.

"Well, I'll show you your room." Eustace said and Edmund interrupted by jumping in front of him.

"I will show you your room Julia, as you will be staying with both me and Lu." Ed said and when we starting walking upstairs he whispered to me: "You should feel honored by being given so much generosity."

I laughed quietly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a week since I have entered the Scrubb's place.

The whole house was very cosy, generally clean and nice, however I never had a permition to have a look at Eustace's room full of bugs. To be honest, I didn't even want to go in there.

I couldn't imagine better company to share a room with than Lu and Ed. We had the best evenings; when we laughed together, read books together, danced together and just talked all the time.

Uncle and Aunt Scrubb were very plain and never talked to neither me, Lu, Ed or Eustace. But when I met them they greeted me politely and said that as a payment for living in their house (until I will find my own apartment when Peter will come back) I have to clean the house and take care of the Pevensies.

Eustace himself was as annoying as I thought he would be. I think that is all I have to say about him.

At the weekend, Ed, Lucy and I went to the town to do some grocery shopping.

"Where's Edmund?" I asked when Lucy and I went to the queue.

Lucy and I looked around the shop but we couldn't see Edmund's face anywhere.

"I think I know where he is." Lucy said and took my hand.

I knew that Edmund's darkest dream was to join the army but I didn't imagine that he could just leave us and sign in during our grocery shopping.

We went inside the building next to the grocery shop where everyone above 18 could sign in to the British army.

We saw a long queue to the man in uniform sitting behind his table full of papers. At the table we saw Edmund talking to the man in uniform.

"Edmund!" I shouted and everyone in the queue turned to us.

"You're supposed to help us with the groceries." Lucy said and winked to me and I winked back when we heard men's laughter and Edmund's embarassed face going towards us.

"Edmund, what did you think? Stealing your aunt's documents?" I said to him in disappointed voice when we came out of the building.

"I know, I know... But..." Ed started when we went to our bikes "I'm a King! I even have the whole army!" he exclaimed.

"Not in this world." answered him Lucy.

"Yeah, instead I'm stuck here... Doing battle with Eustace Clarence Scrubb! And he clearly deserves the name!" continued Ed.

I laughed a little but then looked at Lucy and saw her looking somewhere in front of her, taking the wisp of her and putting it gently behind her ear.

"Lu?" I said to her while getting on my bike. She must have been looking at the boy I thought.

She turned around a bit emabrassed and grinned.

"What were you doing?" asked Ed.

"Um... Nothing." she answered and got on her bike quickly. 

"Come on people. I still have dinner to do tonight." I sighed and we all started racing back home.

Somewhere inside me, I felt.... I felt... Magic in the air. The kind of magic I knew already.

----------------

Hello everyone! So yes, I am starting the Sequel to The Lost Queen :)

Comment, vote and simply enjoy:D