Chapter Seven

The man was running after the wagon, which was full of chained people, and shouting someone's name. He and a little girl running next to him, were in despair, that's for sure.

The man reached the wagon but was soon pushed away by the guard on it. He fell on the ground and a girl ran to him. The woman in the wagon yelled to the girl that she has to stay with him.

Lucy, Eustace and I were looking at the scene with horrified faces. I've never seen anything like it. Not even during the war time back in England.

I was only praying that it won't happen to us either.

—————————————————-

At around 12 o'clock when sun was high on the sky, we all were placed on a stand in front of the big crowd. We were still in our chains.

We were being sold as slaves. I thought it would happen but not so soon.

"I bid 50!" someone shouted for me.

"I bid 80!"

"I bid 160!" a man in the front row shouted, he was looking at me, smiling, then I saw him whispereing to a man beside him "She's very pretty." and they both laughed evily.

I was breathless and I completely forgot about my sword by then.

Someone put a sign 'sold' on my neck and I was taken to the man in the front row, waiting for a miracle to happen.

"I bid 60!" someone shouted for poor Lucy who was now standing on a stand beside Eustace.

"I bid 80!"

"100 for the little lady!"

"120!" 

"150!"

Silence.

"Any more bids?" the pug asked the crowd.

Lucy was sold as well. 

She was placed next to a man who bought her. I looked at her and grinned giving her courage and giving a little of it myself.

"Now, for this fine specimen! Who'll kick off the bidding?" the pug asked referring to fraightened Eustace.

Silence.

"Come on, now! He may not look too much but he's... strong." said the pug.

"Yeah, he's strong alright. Smells like the rear end of a minotaur!" someone with a fammiliar voice shouted and everyone except me and Lu laughed.

I was very worried that Eustace won't be sold and will end up like this woman in the wagon whom we saw earlier.

"That is an outrageous lie!" Eustace shouted "I won the school hygiene award two years running!"

"Come on! Someone make a bid!" the pug said again.

"I'll take them off your hands! I'll take them all of your hands!" the voice from somewhere said and I knew it was Reepicheep.

I smiled to Lucy and I saw on her face that she knew that too.

Suddenly few of the crew members of our ship, removed their hoods of their capes. Reep jumped from Drinian's shoulder and the fight began.

I remembered my sword and quickly released myself from chains and this stupid sign 'sold' on my neck.

Then I joined the fight.

Lucy was fighting using books and when I searched for Eustace, he was nowhere to be seen.

"Julia! Watch out!" I heard Lucy's scream.

I turned around and saw the man who bought me as a slave running towards me with his sword in his hand.

I started fighting him but he was very very strong and I was quite weak after the whole day with no food.

Suddenly my sword fell out of my hand and I fell on the ground.

The man smiled and laughed getting his sword ready to put into my chest. But he suddenly stopped smiling and I noticed a sword in the middle of his stomach.

The man fell on the floor, dead, and I saw Caspian holding out his hand to me.

I took it and jumped on his neck "Thank you, dear friend!" I said to him and he smiled back.

"I think it's time we should be heading back to the ship, don't you think, Your Majesty?" he asked me with a grin.

——————————————-

We won.

We were all now heading towards our boats between the cheering crowd.

"Your Majesty!" we suddenly heard someone's shoutings.

Caspian and others turned around and we saw the same man who few hours earlier was running after the wagon, trying to save a woman in it.

"My wife was taken just this morning." the man said being held by Drinian.

The small girl was behind this man shouting 'Daddy!'.

"I beg you, take me with you!" the man said and Caspian put his arm around the poor man's shoulder.

"I want to come!" the girl said.

"No Gael, stay with your aunt." her dad said to her still following us "I'm a fine sailor. I've been on these seas all my life."

I didn't hear what Caspian said but I saw the man smiling after he tapped him on his shoulder and so I knew he would be coming with us.

"Welcome to our crew." I said to him and he smiled to me.

"Thank you, Your Majesty." he replied.

When we almost reached our boats, we saw an old man holding out his sword to Caspian saying "My King! This was given to me by your father. I hid it safely in the cave, all these years. It's from your Golden Age. It was given by Aslan to protect Narnia. Here take it." later on I learned that it was Lord Bern, one of the Lost Lords.

Caspian took the sword which was covered in mud and dirt. Crowd cheered again.

"Thank you, my Lord and we shall find your lost citizens." Caspian said to him and then we all went to the boats.

Caspian gave the sword to Edmund who immidiately took it and admired it in silence.

"You'll have to spend a long time to clean this sword." I said to Ed when I came nearer him.

"I know, but it's worth it." Ed replied and we both smiled to each other.

At this moment I finally felt the wind of the adventure blowing onto my face from the sea in front of us.

And it felt really good.