Chapter Eight

Sorry that I haven't updated in a while.... I just had SO much homework and loads of exams....

Anyway, I'm back and so enjoy the new chapter! :)

-------------------------------------

"Hey there, stranger." I said to Eustace who was sitting between the barrels and was writing something in his journal.

Eustace didn't answer and just closed his journal as if I just discovered all of his secrets. He glared at me.

"What are you writing in there?" I asked him.

"Nothing that concerns you. Anyway, that's none of your business." Eustace said in hurry and stood up quickly.

"Can you at least try to be nice and polite?" I asked him and raised my eyebrow.

As Eustace didn't reply, I rolled my eyes and walked off. I sat next to Edmund who was cleaning his precious sword. It seemed to me as if this was giving him the biggest pleasure that anything else ever could give him.

Reepicheep was already sitting next to Ed and they both were smiling, admiring the sword.

Suddenly we heard Tavros talking to Eustace: "Uh... Why are you talking to a bird?"

I started laughing, I couldn't help it anymore.

"I just naturally assumed that he can..." Eustace started explaining but everyone followed my example. We all started laughing.

"He's talking to birds!" Tavros said still laughing.

"He's mad as a loon, that one..." one of the sailors added.

"We're so horrible to him." I whispered to Ed but still giggling.

"Not as horrible as he was to us so... let us enjoy the good joke." Ed whispered back and we laughed again.

-----------------------

"I would never thought that Peter could be so romantic." Lucy said while we were both admiring my engagement ring on my finger, sitting next to Edmund who obviously was cleaning up his sword.

"I knew that he is ever since we've met. But I must admit that I was surprised by how expensive this ring looks like, I didn't ask him to tell me the prize because I would rather not know this." I said and smiled to Lu.

"I wonder if I will be engaged one day... And if yes, then to whom?" Lucy said dreamingly.

I opened my mouth to say somathing but at the same moment, Eustace ran out from below deck, being chased by Reepicheep.

"Trying to run away? We're on a boat, you know?" Reepicheep said while jumping on the basket in front of Eustace.

"Look, can't we just discuss it?" Eustace said in despair.

"That was for stealing..." Reep said while stabbing him in the stomach "That was for lying..." he grabbed an orange from Eustace's shirt using his sword "And that..." he hit Eustace in the face with this orange "...was for good measure."

Eustace tried to hit Reep with his sword but missed. Reepicheep laughed and jumped on the other barrel.

"That's the spirit. We have ourselves a duel!" Reep said enthusiastically and threw the orange from his sword "Catch!"

Drinian caught the orange and the duel began. Reepicheep was obviously better in sword-fight than Eustace and so people around were laughing and giving sarcastic comments to each other.

I laughed myself but I felt sorry for Eustace as he really looked miserable and the whole situation was really embarrassing for him.

Reep eventually ended the duel by pretending to fell overboard. When Eustace looked down at the sea, trying to notice Reepicheep, Reepicheep himself tapped Eustace on the shoulder and as quickly as he turned around, Reep pushed Eustace and he fell on the floor bumping into a barrel.

The barrel fell on the floor and we all heard a scream.

I went towards the barrel and saw a girl's hand reaching out of it.

"Look!" I said and helped the little girl to stand up.

"Gael?" her father who joined our crew one day earlier said in surprise "What are you doing here? Here..." he said and hugged her quickly.

Our Captain came forward and looked at the little girl who hid behind her father.

"Looks like we have an extra crew member." Drinian said giving an orange to Gael.

Gael accepted the orange and her father smiled.

"Welcome aboard." both Lucy and I said to the girl.

She smiled at us and bowed "Your Majesties!".

"Call me Julia." I said to her kindly.

"And call me Lucy, now... Come on." Lucy said and put her arm around Gael's shoulder and they went deeper inside the ship.

I didn't follow them, instead I went to the bow of the ship and spent the rest of the afternoon looking at the sky and thinking how nice it would be if Peter could watch the sunset in Narnia with me just one more time.