Chapter Five

"Where sky and water meet, where the waves grow ever sweet, doubt not, Reepicheep..." the noble mouse started to sing on the bow of the ship, looking at the sea.

"That's pretty!" Lucy said and Reep turned around quickly, surprised to see his Queens listening to his song.

"Oh! Thank you!" Reepicheep answered kindly and bowed in front of us "A dryad sang it to me when I was just a mouseling. I can't define the meaning but I've never forgotten the words."

"What do you think is past the Lone Islands?" I asked him, thinking about what Caspian talked about in his cabin and the current map of Narnia.

"I've been told the furthest east one can sail is to the end of the world. Aslan's Country." Reep replied.

"Do you believe there is such a place?" Lu asked him.

"We have nothing if to believe." Reep said and I smiled to both him and Lucy.

"Do you think you can actually sail there?" I asked.

"Well, there's only one way of finding that out. I can only hope one day I learn the right to see it. Your Majesties." he said and turned around again to continue singing.

I looked out at the sea and grabbed Lucy's shoulder in my direction. I pointed at what took my breath away in such magical way: I saw mermaids swimming near our ship, waving at us.

Both Lu and I waved back and giggled. Oh, how I missed all of my Narnians!

Suddenly we heard a sword fight and when we turned around, we saw Ed fighting with Caspian and a small crowd cheering around them.

"Edmund will loose." Lu whispered to my ear when we moved closer.

I laughed because I thought so too, but we both were wrong. Ed won the duel.

"You've grown stronger, my friend." Caspian said to Ed and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Seems I have." Ed answered back.

"I wonder if you'll be brave enough to win over Queen Julia the Dashing?" I spoke up and everyone looked at me surprised and shocked.

Ed gulped but nodded "I'm afraid you will be the next one to loose, dear Julia." he said and took out his sword, smiling.

I took out mine and smiled "I'm afraid you're wrong." I replied and our fight began.

Firstly Ed took over, but because I got angry I twisted him around and confused him.

Then he put out his leg and tried to make me fall over but I immidiately ran to his back and with my own leg, I punched him at his back and caused him to fall over and release his sword.

I pointed out my sword at his nose and said proudly: "I'm afraid you haven't grown stronger after all, dear friend."

Everyone cheered and I laughed along with Lu and Caspian.

Edmund looked a little confused but after few seconds, when I helped him to get up, he joined the laughter.

"Alright, back to work!" Drininan shouted to his crew.

Ed and I got cups full of fresh water and we sat down on the barrel next to Lucy.

"Edmund, do you think if we keep sailing to the end of the world we'll just tip off the edge?" Lu asked her brother.

"Don't worry Lu, we're a long way from there." Ed replied drinking water from his cup.

"And I think it's not very likely to happen anyway, to just tip off the edge." I added and smiled to both Lu and Ed.

"I see you're still talking nonsense, the three of you." Eustace Scrubb entered the 'stage'.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. I seriously couldn't deal with his annoying voice.

"Are you feeling better?" Lu asked him, trying to be polite.

"Yes, but not thanks to you. It's lucky I have an iron constitution!" Eustace said.

"As evervescent as ever I have seen." Reep said suddenly "Found your sea-legs?"

"Never lost them! Simply dealing with the shock of things. Mother says I have an acute disposition due to my intelligence." Eustace said crossing his arms.

Due to his intelligence! Ha!

I couldn't help it and both me and Ed laughed so hard that we spit the water back to our cups. Lucy laughed.

"I don't think he has 'a cute' anything." Reepicheep added and both Lu and I chuckled.

"I'll have you know, as soon as we find civilization, I'm contacting the British Council and have you all arrested for kidnapping!" Eustace got really angry and made me laugh even more.

Eustace bumped into Caspian and jumped from fear.

"Kidnapping, is it?" Caspian said.

"That's funny, I thought we all saved your life." I said to Eustace, still laughing.

"You held me against my will!" Eustace cried.

"Did we?" Caspian argued and tried his best not to laugh himself.

"In the most unhygienic quarters! It's like a zoo down there!" Eustace continued.

"It certainly is, with him." I whispered to Caspian and he laughed immidiately.

"He's quite a complainer, isn't he?" Reep said.

"He's just warming up." Edmund added and I smiled to him.

"Land ho!" the 'lookout man' shouted and pointed at the horizon.

We all turned in that direction and we could see the land which we have been waiting for.

The Lone Island.

----------------------------------------------------

I'm back everyone!

I just wanted to ask you if you would want me to make Pirates of the Caribbean fanfiction? Let me know what you think!

I will update soon!

VOTE AND COMMENT!