03. RAINY DRIVES

CONTROL

CHAPTER THREE: RAINY DRIVES

ELANA found that while the two boys weren't in the car with her, they were just as annoying as she'd heard

ELANA found that while the two boys weren't in the car with her, they were just as annoying as she'd heard. More so the older one than the younger boy. The one Alanna seemed to be silently pinning after, but she knew as well as the next that being a hunter meant she could never have those relationships, those friendships, no matter how much she wanted to.

Once you joined the hunt, there was no way of leaving it.

They knew that better than anyone.

It wasn't until a half-hour to noon that they finally pulled off the road of one of the towns they'd begun to drive through and into the parking lot of a small diner. Elana let out a huff, if it had been up to her, they wouldn't have been stopping so soon, they could've waited a few more hours, hell, maybe even waited till they arrived at their destination.

But Alanna, on the other hand, seemed somewhat relieved to be able to step out of the car and stretch her limbs, but mostly she just wanted to get away from the music they'd been playing for the last five hours.

Her eardrums felt as if they might explode from her sister's bland taste, not that hers was much better, so the second the car stopped she hopped out and moved as quickly as possible to get away from the noise her sister's car was creating.

Elana stayed in her seat for several moments before popping her door open and swinging her legs out, in one of her pockets, on the inside of the coat, she had a flask of whiskey ready to be poured into the orange juice she was going to order while they were there. And that was the one thing that gave her good reason to get out.

She trailed behind the two boys- her sister drawn up at Sam's arm as they talked- she scowled at the sight of them, she wanted to get their hunt finished and take a nice long nap, but it seemed more than obvious that she wasn't going to get that anytime soon.

Dean was the first at the door, the older of the two boys pushing the door back and holding it open as his brother and the girl stepped inside. Frowning from ear to ear, he waited till Elana was close enough to reach out and touch the door to step inside and let it shut behind him, in her face.

Closing her eyes to try and relieve the newfound anger that had begun to simmer within her, she reached out and opened the door with a sigh before following in after the trio. The smell of burnt pancakes smacked her dead in the face as soon as she went to breathe, it was absolutely terrible, to a point she thought she might actually throw up.

Meanwhile, Dean had somehow charmed his way into getting a booth that a small family had wanted and had gleefully seated himself beside his brother while Avanna took the side across from Sam.

Elana wanted nothing more than to grab the two boys by their ears and toss them out onto the lawn, mainly Dean, but also Sam for showing the slightest interest in her sister, Avanna didn't need any more distractions than she already had, any more and she'd probably lose her head; literally.