04. RESTLESS NIGHTS

CONTROL

CHAPTER FOUR: RESTLESS NIGHTS

THE day carried on, and eventually sunk into night, and while most people slept through it, Elana drank through it

Despite the fact that she'd already previously downed a bottle, she found herself unable to hold back as the night drew forward into the hours and they were forced to keep driving.

The music had since gone silent- as neither of the two girls could be bothered to change it- and neither of them planned on changing that small fact.

Meanwhile, Avanna sat in the passenger's seat as her sister took another quick swig of the liquor she'd placed between her legs while she drove, she could only begin to wonder when the girl's liver would fail.

When it would be that her sister finally left the world and she was left all on her own.

And even though they'd been terrible, quite possibly the worst years of her- and Elana's lives- she wished they could go back to the years that followed before her sister had become a legal adult.

Even as a young adult- still in her late teen years- she'd only forced the liquid down her throat after a rough argument with their parents, or after a hunt that hadn't left their parents satisfied.

Avanna watched her now, her eyes resting on the bottle her sister held in her hand, she watched as she adjusted her hand in her lap, the bottle moving with her hand.

"Do you ever think about becoming sober?"

The words left her mouth before she could stop herself and she felt the air around them tighten as her sister switched lanes in hopes of passing the person blocking them from being directly behind Dean and Sam.

"No." she spoke as she glanced in her side mirror, she wasn't one for talking when she had a bottle in front of her, Avanna held back a sigh.

There were times like this that she wished she'd been blessed with a normal childhood, one that was oblivious to the real dangers that waited for them in the world. But as she looked at Elana, she remembered that had never been an option for them. For any of their family, it was a never-ending cycle and they were just a means to an end.

They had to fulfill their part of the cycle, and after they had, they would be useless to the world, forgotten, abandoned, tossed away.

She knew Elana was aware of that cycle, but she didn't believe in it, she believed that she would hunt until she couldn't walk, or until something took her out of the game. And she was fine with that.

They drove for the rest of the day until Sam and Avanna both made claims that they needed to use the bathroom, and while they wouldn't admit it, both the older siblings had to go as well.