06. DAY DREAMING

CONTROL

CHAPTER SIX: DAY DREAMING

WHEN the group stopped two nights later in the middle of butt fuck nowhere of Ohio, they found that they were more restless than they had thought they'd be after being on the road for so long

Except for Elana of course, she'd had enough alcohol in the last two days to last four people a week. Seriously, Avanna couldn't have been more concerned than she had been for the last couple of days. She had finally noticed the slight strain of her sister's chest as she took in oxygen and the increased lack of sleep she was receiving at night. She couldn't stand seeing her waste away the way she was.

She knew she had to do something.

Leaving their cars in the parking lot outside of the motel they'd chosen, the group of four entered and claimed their beds.

"God, I could really go for a drink right now," Elana mumbled as she tossed her duffel bag at the foot of their claimed bed.

"Really?" Avanna sighed, that was the last thing she wanted to hear, especially after having witnessed her sister down an entire bottle of whiskey a few hours prior.

"I could go for a drink."

Elana turned to look at Dean, "did you see any good bars coming in here?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "I saw a couple, why?"

She shrugged her shoulders and tucked a few stray hairs behind her ear, "I don't really want a drinking buddy, but I also don't feel like driving."

Dean smiled, "Finally, someone actually wants to drink," he turned and smiled at Sam, "You need to be more like her."

Sam glared back at him and gestured to her, "You were just talking about how much you can't stand her and now you want me to be like her? Make up your fucking mind Dean."

Smiling, Dean turned back to Elana, "If you wanna go then I'll go too, we can take my car."

That was all it took for Elana to make a beeline for the door, within a few minutes Dean and her were both climbing into the black impala and pulling away from the motel.

Avanna and Sam exchanged blank looks before settling into their respective beds.

"I'll never understand why he likes to drink as much as he does," Avanna glanced over at Sam, "I'll never understand why my sister can't stop drinking, it's like she never takes a break like she's never sober."