Chapter 4

My driver pulled up to the biggest mashion next to Oprah's. Taya was looking star struck. I gave her a quick tap and she snapped out of it. We waited in line with other cars. Stars only get out in front of the doors. I did a quick makeup check. Taya was rubbing cocoa butter on her legs furiously. I couldn't help but laugh.
"Girl, you can never be to smooth."
I laughed but then took her advice. My driver opened our door and Taya stepped out first. I stepped out second smiling for the cameras. Paparazzi were as usual taking my picture. I didn't mind eveyone has a hustle. I remember when mine wasn't legal.
*****
Seventeen years old standing on the corner. My pockets burned with narcotics, but the money came in swift cooling it. Hakeem stood beside me and I could tell he had the same feeling. This was our after school program. T was in football practice and I was selling drugs. Rough times called for rough responses.
Our distributor hit us with more than we ever sold before and the money kept rolling in. We hit every regular we knew and went to every party we knew wanted a blaze. We walked down the street to get back in the car and I noticed something. A black car was following us. I nudged Keem. He'd seen it too. We passed his car and made a quick turn to hide down an alley. Sure enough the car made the turn and passed us.
"Keemie, you know anybody with a black car like that?"
"That look like a undercover." Keem looked at me. I could see the nervous fear in his eyes.
"Lets get back to the car and go home." I looked him in his eyes. He stepped out and looked around. When he motioned for me I followed. His car was right where we left it and the undercover car was no where in sight.
Keem drove quietly but looked at me constantly. I was getting agitated. He obviously had something to say.
"Keemie?"
"Niy did you finish that book you were writing?" He asked.
"Yeah, but I want to edit it before you read it."
"Alright... Niy?"
"Yes Hakeem."
"You gotta get out this business."
"What-"
"Listen, you got a chance. 'Dem books you write be A1 and thats coming from a nigga that don't read. Shit you get caught its all over. I want you to succeed fam. Real tea you need to keep yo straight A's and be legally successful," he smiled at me, "I love you, little Ma. Write yo books. That's yo way out."
"Keemie, what about you?"
"I ain't got no choice." The seriousness in his face became stronger.
"Hakeem, yes you do. You can be anything you wanna be. Shit nigga we can both be out this bitch."
"Then who gonna feed me?" Reality hit me. Keem was in a different situation. I won't say his situation because it's not my business to tell. I looked out the window and cried. Keem took me to T's house.
I sat on his porch because his mom hated me. When he pulled up with his dad, Chris, in the blue truck I jumped up. T's mom, ShaRaye, came out the house to greet them. Chris gave her a frown for how she was treating me. T walked over to me. He saw the pain in my eyes. He placed his fingertips on my cheek and I grinned.
That night, T made me happy. He never really liked my friendship with. Hakeem, but he agreed with him. I needed to leave the game. I listened to T's heart beat until I drifted to sleep. Glory to Love was written the next year. Written when I thought we would last forever. Back when I didn't think any kiss, any touch, or any conversation would be the last. Back when I didn't know what lonely felt like.
*****
The party was beautful. Gold and white was the theme. In the center a giant chandelier hung close to the ground. Its white crystals looked like diamonds with tiny lights inside. Taya took my picture. The light hit me just right.
"Girl this is beautful." The music wasn't loud. The waiter informed us that the club party was down stairs. Holding champagne glasses. I mingled with some directors interested in the next book I wanted to make a movie. We exchanged numbers. I saved their names as future investors.
Taya was flirting with a rapper and had the look that said 'do not disturb'. I took a picture of the chandelier. When I looked back at the picture I saw a figure. A man sitting one of the golden couches looking at me. I looked up. My breathing stopped. I saw him.
*****
T saw her. Niy had came in looking radiant. The paparazzi loved her. Her white dress caught the lights perfectly. T followed her at a distance trying to gain the courage to speak. She spoke with such an elegance even the happily married men stopped to introduce themselves. Women envied her. Niy was simply superior. T saw her and lost his breath. Niy put her phone up to take a picture of the chandelier. She saw him staring. T made eye contact with Niy and before he could stop himself he went to her. Arms open like instantic, and as if no time had passed Niy Shae Lyday put her head on his chest.
"Its been so long T or should I say Mr. Big Time?" Niy smiled. That wonderful smile.
"No but do I have to call you Shae. Your bigger than the lady that created Harry Poter." I smiled back
"I don't know about all that but I am good." It was like no time, but all time had passed by. T loved Niy. No woman ment anything because Niy ment everything. T would never let her go again.
"Do you wanna go to my house and catch up?" T spoke with ease. Niy looked as if she was arguing all the pros and cons in her head. T hoped he came on top.
"Sure, T. Lets go." Niy lockes arms with him. Told her friend where she was going and we left together. His Bentley felt good with her presence. Good thing his house wasn't far. T had some things he hoped to release.

-------------------------------------------------------------
The pic is me
Instagram onshaeliv98
Kik onshae001 I'll answer any questions