Remember Love

I followed him. He was the only thing that mattered to me. If we got caught, I'd still be able to say I had him. I had the dream. I had love. He pressed his body against me. I sucked in hard. He looked at me.
"T," I whispered afraid of screaming, "you belong to me now."
He smiled the million dollar smile of T Smith. The night light I kept by my bed just in case I wanted to write made his brown skin have a golden hint to it. He looked majestic, like a fantasy I would write later in life called Golden Lover.
"Niy, I will always belong to you. You are my soul mate." Those words took away the pain of my first time. That night he made me feel like a queen that had finally made love to her king after he was at war for 16 years. I had been waiting 16years for T Smith. My entire life has been waiting for this moment and in that moment nothing could seperate us.
I let him take control, naturally, he had been previously trained. I did what he asked occasionally taking risks. Then the magic came. T said my name moaned my name into the air. Mine.
We would be together until college. I got a English/ Writing full scholarship to Baylor University in Texas. And T went to Oklahoma Sooner University. We tried to keep in touch, but the distance cut our string in half.
We had no choice but move on. I moved through the next seven years lonely. Watching T Smith explode on the Seahawks in Seattle. He had made it. I wrote a few best sellers and made them into movies. I had made it. I was successful. Life was moving fast. Both of us were 27 years old now.
But, honestly, T was the love of my life. No one made me feel like him. I figured it was just the flutter of the first time, but no something was missing with all the other men. T was missing.