Chapter 8

Life should've been different for her. She should've been a doctor, but she met Alonzo. She rolled over to see her little girl crying.
"What's wrong, Tati?" Jaleasea raised up in bed. Her little girl was crying her eyes out, her pretty curls had been messed up, her clothes were torn.
"He wouldn't leave me alone, Mama." Tatiana whispered unable to breath. It broke Jaleasea's heart.
"I'm sorry this happened to you. But don't you worry you are going to live a better life soon." She kissed her daughter's cheek and went into the living room. Alonzo lay asleep on the floor. She kicked him. He grunted.
"Hoe stop fucking kicking me!" Alonzo yelled.
"Yeah you right! I'm the hoe! Not my daughter! So you leave her alone!" She kicked him again. He jumped up. Jaleasea ran into the back room with her daughter.
"Tatiana, I need you to be a big girl." She spoke quick as Alonzo beat on the door. Jaleasea pushed the dresser in front of the door.
"Yes, Mama." Tati cried.
"I need you to take the bus to this address," Jaleasea handed her daughter a piece of paper and some bus fair," please be safe." Jaleasea hugged her daughter. The piece of paper had her birth certificate attached.
"Give this to the woman who opens the door."
"Yes Mama."
"I will come when I can." The beating on the door got stronger. Little Tati clumbed out the window to begin her journey. She heard her mother screams of agony and began to run. She made it to the bus stop just in time. She showed the bus driver the address. He said he'd take her. She sat quietly, looking at her birth certificate
Father: Kentrevion Martez Smith
Maybe, her father would finally come and save her.
*****
"Shae!! Shae!" Teenagers screamed from the side of my hotel building. I loved it. T and I walked out together and the paparazzi caught us.
"Where's your girlfriend, T?" A man taking our picture asked.
"Shae is my girlfriend, sir." I blushed. T stopped infront of me and kissed me. The teens went crazy. The sound of pictures being taken were overwhelming.
As soon as we got in his car, my Instagram lit up. We were being called a power couple. Brains and athletics equal perfect kids. I would love to have T's kids. I placed my hand on my stomach. Maybe, I won't take the Plan B pill.
*****
Taya waited in the hotel room for the call from Jaleasea. She called but no one picked up. She was beginning to think the bitch was playing her. She needed to get her mind off things. She grabbed her purse. Took her phone out and made a call.
"Hello?" The man voice answered.
"Yeah can you take me shopping?"
"Yea, always got time for you. I'll be over there when I get done with the studio."
"Thank you, Alonzo."
Might as well have fun with the father of her baby, before she gets rid of it.
Taya wasn't a heartless person. She just didn't want a kid right then. Children was a job she didn't know if she could handle. Wrecking a case is so much different from wrecking a life. Besides Alonzo for damn sure wasn't the one for her. Maybe, when she's ready God will give her a second chance at being a mom.
*****
T was taking Niy to the best place in town for barbecue. But he wanted to stop at his place first and change. He walked in and his maintenance man gave him his new key. They jumped in the elevator. He kissed her on her neck. He liked how her skin called for him.
"T, when I leave-" T cut her off. He didn't want to worry about things out of their control.
"I will always love you. I will work for us as hard as I can. And when you leave I will be down the next day." T rubbed her cheeks. Fat cheeks showed when she smiled. Niy's smile was the highlight of human civilization. He licked his lips. Niy knew what that meant.
"Its 7 in the morning. We fucked last night raw and you wanna fuck again?"
"Yes ma'am." T bit her neck and felt her let out a breath.
"Alright."
The elevator opened. Niy hit the floor running.
"Niy? What are you doing?" T laughed stepping from the elevator.
"You said you liked the chase. Come and get me Sugar Cookie." He loved it. The fun. The happiness. He chased her. She jumped over the couch and ran like the pixie she looked like. Short tiny thing in baby pink. T couldn't help but laugh.
"Girl, you moving like a runaway slave. You better make like Wal-Mart and roll that ass back here." When Niy heard that she bust out laughing. Just like he wanted her knees got weak when she laughing hard. He picked her up and pinned her to the bed. Niy looked up at him.
"I found an angel," T whispered to Niy. Niy leaned up and pulled him down into a kiss.
*****
Tatiana rang the bell to the small aparment door. She heard movement. A woman looked out the window at her. The door opened.
"Girl you in the wrong neighborhood to sell girl scout cookies." The lady looked wealthy.
"My mom said give this to you." Tatiana handed the woman the piece of paper with her birth certificate attached. The woman gave an eerie grin.
"My name is Desjea. Hi Tatiana. Are you hungry?" Tatiana nodded her head. Desjea led her into her small apartment. Everything inside it was expensive. Tati wonder if she could afford this stuff, then why stay in this rough neighborhood.
"Your going to get robbed." Tati said as she sat on the couch.
"Well, I'll just have to buy more huh?" Desjea poured the girl some juice. The girl drank like she hadn't drank juice in days. Desjea's heart softened. This little girl needed her dad to help her. That meaning T would loose 1million in back child support and would ruin his good boy image with the public and his life with his woop de doo op bitch Shae was just a pleasing bonus. And that wasn't all she had in store for T. Kentrevion Smith would never hear the end of Desjea Blackmen. She was gonna make him hurt until he had no choice but to beg her back.
"Do you wanna meet your daddy?"
Tatiana nodded with excitement.
*****
"Hakeem!" I screamed, "officer please Hakeem didn't do it stop."
"We have reason to believe he's a drug lord. Let us do our job." The officer pushes past me. Hakeem was surrendering, but the white officers kept hurting him.
"That is police brutality!" Taya shouted. She got ignored. We stood there unable to help. Who do you call when the police are hurting you?
We had just went to a drug store for gas. How did this happen? The policeman punched Hakeem and he had a reflex. All he did was jerk sideways. The other officer fired. I screamed my head off. I ran to him, but another officer held me back.
"Call an ambulance. Call for fucking help. You bitch ass cops. This why we don't call ya'll ass for shit. Call the ambulance. Help! Hakeem please!" I couldn't breathe. Hakeem was out the game. Been out for years now. Hakeem's eyes still claim my dreams at night. I couldn't help him. He died 19 at the hands of rookie cops. The police officers got life in prison, because with Taya on the case they lucky they didn't get the chair. Before he left he told me to call T. He knew we were meant for eachother, even when I tried to deny it. I wish I could still call him.
After I explained what happened tears were running down my face. T looked like he wanted to cry too.
"Damn, baby girl I'm sorry." I had had a nightmare once we dozed off after sex. If only I could've saved him, then the world would still have its superman. I lay in T's arms. Listening to his heart beat.
"Let's go eat baby." I heard him say but I had already went back to sleep. I felt him move. He kissed my forehead.
"I'll go get the food baby girl. You rest." He spoke but he was late. I was already gone.
30mins later the door bell rang. I got up. I couldn't see anyone through the peep hole. I opened the door. A beautuful little girl stood in front of me. She looked so familiar.
"Can I help you?"
"Yea you can help us." Desjea came from around the corner.
"Where's my daddy?" I was at a lost for words. T had children. I brought them in the house. The little girl sat on the couch.
"What's your name?"
"Tatiana." Of course a T name.
"How old are you?"
"Seven." It hit like a train. T cheated on me. Maybe I shouldn't care. No this shit hurts.