Chapter Four: Introductions

"Wow, you Loki's are so stupid."
_________________________________
Lamentis-1
2077

The trio walk through the rocky lands of Lamentis. The blonde leading the group. The redhead walking next to her.

"There's a town near here. And can you shut up?" The blonde says to Loki, "Just because I have to work with you doesn't mean I want to hear your voice."

"All right, well slow down, Variants."

"What's part of imminent death confuses you?" The redhead asks him.

"And don't call me Variant." The blonde finishes.

"I'm sorry but I'm not calling some faded photocopy of me, Loki."

"Good. Cause that's not who I am anymore. I'm Sylvie now." The blonde, Sylvie, states.

"Oh you changed your name. Brilliant. Let me guess you have a new name too."

"Yep. I'm Lana." The redhead says.

"It's called an alias." Sylvie tells him.

"It's not very Loki-like."

"Yeah? What exactly makes a Loki a Loki?"

"Independence, authority ,style."

"Wow you have none of that." Lana laughs. Sylvie rolls her eyes. Before turning back to Loki.

"So, naturally you went to work for the boring, oppressive time police."

"I don't work for them. I'm a consultant." Sylvie scoffs at them. Lana walks slightly ahead of them, flipping her hammer in the air, then catching it.

"You don't know what you want." Sylvie says.

"Oh yeah? What about you?" He stares at the back of Lanas mess of red curls, "Your years in the making plan was to tear the place down, create the ultimate power vacuum and then just walk away."

Sylvie throws her hands up in the air, walking into line with her sister.

"I'd never have done that." Loki continues. Sylvie turns around to look at him.

"Yeah? Well, I'm not you."

"You know what it does seem like Thor though. To just walk away."

"I'm not Thor! Thor is blonde, I have red hair, duh." Lana yells back. Loki sighs before following after them.  They eventually end up in a small, abandoned, old town.

"Well it looks like everyone already left." Loki says.

"If they did it was in vain."

"If I lived here I would leave too." Lana grimaces as she looks around.

"How long do we have?" Asks Loki.

"About twelve hours is my guess." Lana responds.

"Things down here are only going to get worse." States Sylvie, "More meteors, gravity quakes, and of course the collapse of society in the face of annihilation." They walk up to a small building with a neon sign.