1

After training with my team Wolfsburg. I get called into the the coach's office. It was weird I hadn't shown up wasted, I didn't let the ball touch the net and I wasn't doing drugs so what could be wrong.

After walking through a series of long hallways I reach the cheap pine door that separates his office from the hallways. I knock loudly.

"Come in." Mr.Stroot says from behind the door.

I open the door and pop my head into the office. "Ahh. Yes Nicole please come in." His German accent pervaluiling even though he speaks English as does most of the Staff and players.

I nod and take my seat. "There is someone on the phone for you." He nods towards the phone on the desk.

"Is it my momma or Hunter?" I question as my concern raises.

"No but I think you'll know who's on the other line." He hands me the phone.

I raise the device to my ear. "Hello?" I question as no one has started speaking from the other line.

"Is this Nicole Stark?"

"Yes but please call me Coal ma'am," I state liking the nickname I and been given more then my government name.

"Alright Coal is it. I am Jill Ellis with the United States women's national team. I wanted to extend you an invite to a camp I will be hosting in California. You will receive all the details by tonight so check your email."

"What?"

"I'm sorry, what has you confused?"

"There's a team for all of America?"

"Why yes?" The English women on the other end sounds slightly unnerved.

"Oh okay . Have a good day ma'am be safe."

The line drops. I look at my head coach. "Did I mess up?" I questions because I had never been hung up on.

"Did you really not know their was a national team?"

"Yes sir. I'm sorry if it came off as rude but 4 years ago I didn't even know soccer was a sport much less that I could make money off of it."

"Seriously?" He asks in utter astonishment.

"What were you doing before soccer?"

"My family are 9th generation farmers. I grew up in the stixs. I worked cattle,swine,game Cocks, I mean the whole lot. Why?" The southern accent prevailing.

"How did you get Introduced to soccer?"

"My friend Naomi Washington needed some help or something."

"What did she tell you to do?"

"All she said was to never let the ball hit the net."

"Did it ever hit the net?"

"Once."

"Is that why you don't comprehend what the coach's tell you?"

He can see the confusion on my face. "What don't you understand this time!" He roars.

"Th-the C-word you said. What did it mean?" I ask in shame.

"Oh my god you might just be the stupidest person I've ever met!"

"I'm sorry coach. I didn't mean to upset you."

"You know what I'm not upset. I'm completely and utterly astonished how such a stupid person could be so good at a position with so many different variables." The big words he was throwing around confused the shit outta me.