Last Presentation Part 22

The next morning you walk down to the kitchen to make yourself a coffee when the mug moves, causing you to spill all over the counter.

You: What?

Wanda: Aren't you going to make me one?

You: I could have if you didn't mess with me. Now you are going to clean this up and make 2 coffee. I'll be waiting in my room. Thanks.

Wanda: Already starting work? You have 2 more days left on your leave.

You: It's not like I have anything to do anyways.

Wanda: *mumble* you can hang out with me...

You: What did you say?

Wanda: Nothing...

You: You know I have to drink if I don't work.

Wanda: But...

You: Just let me work for a while, why don't you go train with Nat.

You have a few moments of peace as you try to work as much as possible with your invalid arm. You try to work in advance in hopes of finishing your work earlier.

-----------------------

You had a great past month with Wanda and finishing work on time. You have told your company that you will be quitting the job after this presentation. Everyone was shocked at your decision because you were doing very well in the company and was not expected to be leaving so quickly.

Wanda: Drop you off?

You: Sure! Why don't you stay this time? I don't want a repeat of last time...

Wanda: Right... At least you don't have to borrow clothes this time.

You went for your last presentation with the company and it went successfully, the client accepted the audit report.

You: With that, I am done!

Wanda: Want to go celebrate?

You: Please no drinking. It's too early.

Wanda: Of course. Let's have lunch.

You arrive at this Italian restaurant.

Wanda: It's my favourite, let's go. I'll help you order ok?

You: Yes, thanks. I have never been to this kind of restaurant before.

Wanda: You need to go out more often.

You: Hahaha. I need to go to the washroom, I think I drank too much before the presentation.

It's been a few minutes and you haven't returned. Wanda was getting worried so she went to find you in the washroom.

Wanda: Y/N?

No reply

Wanda: God dammit. Again!

She calls back to the compound.

Wanda: Guys, I think Y/N has been taken again.

Tony: Let me track her. How long ago was this?

Wanda: A few minutes. I am coming back now.

Everyone is gathered on the quinjet.

Steve: Where do you think she is headed?

Tony: She hasn't stopped moving yet. All we can do is follow her tracks.

Steve: I am asking you to predict!

Tony: That isn't my job. I base on facts.

Nat: Enough! There's nothing we can do so stop arguing.

Wanda: I think we got a reading.

Tony: Let me see. She's in Tokyo.

Steve: Now we have a more specific location. Let's find her and why are they there.

Thanks for reading. Getting closer to the ending.

Feel free to tell me what you like and dislike about the story. I hope to be able to change it in the future.

Thank you very much.