Answer Soon

Chapter Eight

   "Alright and now your favorite and final part of the tour," Willis exclaims with his hands in the air. "My lady welcome to your humble abode." Opening the door, Willis reveals a small room filled with a full sized bed, a desk, and a dresser. There was just enough space to walk around. The bathroom was a jack in jill, connecting to a room on the other side.

    It brought back memories of when I was first stationed. My roommate on the other side always forgot to lock the door leading to my side. So I always ended up walking in on her. Goodness she was a mess.

   "What do you think?" He says pulling me out of my thoughts.

   "Uh....it's....nostalgic." I laugh.

   "It's s***. It's okay you can say it. Won't hurt this old mans feelings." He says shrugging. "It's definitely nostalgic for sure. I hated these dorms. F***ing Rodger kept coming into my room to steal my food. F***ing lock was broken." He says as he rubs his temples remembering the frustration. "Anyways, this is just for today. On the desk is a list of apartments we own. There are only three places left. We had a group come in before you and they all decided to live off base. No surprise there."

   "Really? They chose to live outside instead of in this lovely 5 star hotel setup? No way. I could never give this up." I dramatically say as I wave my hands in the air.

   "Ha your so full of s***!" He busts out laughing.

   Don't get me wrong. This place is a lot better then the barracks in their other branches. We've been told we're spoiled. Hmm yeah I would say we are.

    "Alright. I know your tired but take a look at the files and tell me which places catches your eye. Then we can get you moved in tomorrow." He hands me the document.

   Okay, let's see. The first option was a studio apartment with a a loft bed. The walls were a nice bone white with plenty of built in storage. The staircase wrapped itself around the left wall. A t.v stand underneath the staircase. A small white kitchen with a breakfast bar that could fit two people and a bathroom right across from the kitchen. It was 30 minutes away from the base by car, which means there was a high chance I will get stuck in traffic trying to make it to work. Uh that's a big no. I love my sleep too much to give up even a second of it.

     The second apartment was a one bedroom one bath. It had dark oak hard wood flooring throughout. A decent sized living room and kitchen. It gave off a very warm feeling. This one was only 15 minutes away by car and there was a another route I could take to work that would help me avoid traffic which was great. But the price for renting was a lot higher than I would have liked. It might be owned by the military but that doesn't mean I won't have to pay rent. This one was also a no.

     The last apartment seemed the most promising. It was a very simple two bed and one bath apartment. It had a nice two door fridge, a table that extended itself from the last counter of the kitchen that could fit four people, and a nice cozy sized living room. The best part is its only a five minute walk from the base. Which means I can sleep in as much as I like. Someone pass me a tissue I think I might cry. The building also had its own underground garage. Yes! I can finally buy a motorcycle and not worry about it getting hit while it's parked on the street. Oh and the rent is super cheap. I guess that makes sense since it's not in the actual city itself. Guess this is the one.