𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 4: 𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦

'𝘞𝘦𝘭𝘭, 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘰 𝘣𝘢𝘥,' Niccolo thought. He was given kindness he didn't expect from the scouts, and was working for them as a chef. The rock-pools here are the perfect place to catch mackerel and shrimps. He even managed to get his hands on a massive lobster. This was certainly going to be one fun experience. He began by skinning fish and prawns, and throwing them into a pan. He squeezed juices onto the brewing dish and started shaking it around. It started to boil, and the fish became crispy and golden brown. The smell was good, and indicated it was ready. He placed the lobster in the center of the plate and placed fresh green vegetables around the fish and lobster. It was ready, and he carried it over to a table on the side, and then began cooking more fish. He was in the zone, and enjoying the calming crackling from the pan and crashing of waves from the sea. But then, something, or someone, startled him.

"What is this food?"

Niccolo turned to the direction where the loud yet silky feminine voice came from, and before him stood the same golden eyed girl he saw several days ago. Of course, her friends stood beside her, and were trying to calm her down. It was the group of people who 'welcomed' him and the rest of the Marleyans when they arrived.

"First time having seafood? Niccolo is a master of Marleyan cooking," Yelena said.

"Oh, it's a pleasure Niccolo. I'm Jean. That's Mikasa, the blond one is Armin, and that's Eren, y'know, the Attack Titan."

'𝘖𝘩, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘯?' Niccolo thought.

"That one is Connie, and she's-"

"𝘚𝘈𝘚𝘏𝘈!" The buzzcut boy threw his arms around the same girl, stopping her from reaching for the food.

"Yes, that's Sasha." Jean stated, looking as if he's fed up with babysitting those two 5 year-olds.

'𝘚𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘢, 𝘚𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘢. 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦. 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘦𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦.' Niccolo thought. He snapped back to reality and gestured to the food to let them eat. He didn't want the food to get cold. Sasha dragged Connie there and took a bite of the lobster. Her eyes sparkled and a big grin appeared on her face. She quickly stuffed more of the food into her mouth, and tears started streaming down her face.

"Mr. Niccolo! You're a genius!" Sasha exclaimed.

Niccolo felt his face going hot. '𝘐𝘵 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘯', he thought, but it was something to do with that girl. He watched as she ate, and laughed, and cried, and smiled. She looked beautiful in the sunlight. And she loved 𝘩𝘪𝘴 food. She had done something to him. Maybe, it wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

Maybe, he had found something good, without looking for it.

~

𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵: 470 <3

𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨

~