𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 12: 𝘍𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺

Sasha picked herself up from the ground, and brushed off all the dirt and mud on her clothes and in her hair. She decided, in the late evening, that she was hungry, and decided to sneak off to the kitchen to try and steal some extra bread rolls. However, in the process of sneakily worming around headquarters, she tripped on a stray twig, and landed head first on the stone floor. Her face was sore, and she could feel a small drop of blood dripping down her forehead, but she sucked in a deep breath and continued walking.

After a while, she reached her destination, and after peering into the window, debating whether she should use that or the door, she saw a certain tall blond post-teen. She hurriedly opened the door, and tiptoed towards him. But before she could give him a mild scare, he swiftly turned around, grinning at her.

"Hello, Sasha," Niccolo cooed, smiling at her. Sasha was about to respond with a witty comment, but his grin turned into a frown, and he spoke again.

"Oh my god, what happened to your face? Are you alright?" Niccolo worriedly placed a hand on her cheek, and slightly leaned forward to see her forehead better.

"It's just a slight cut, i'll be fine. Anyways, what are you doing here?" Sasha was also worried, since she knew he only came to the kitchen to cook when he was stressed or upset.

"I just had to...you know..."

"Yeah, I know. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, but I'm always here," Sasha said, slipping her hand into his and leaning her head onto his shoulder.
Niccolo breathed in, letting a long sigh out, before telling Sasha everything that happened this morning.

~

𝘌𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 (𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬)

Niccolo awoke to footsteps outside of his door. He quickly got out of bed, feeling as if there was something important to do. He opened the door, and was greeted with a small envelope lying on the floor outside of his room. He picked it up, and scanned his eyes over the address.

𝚃𝚘 𝙼𝚛. 𝙽𝚒𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚘 𝙵𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚎. 
𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚜 𝙸𝚜𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍. 
𝚃𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚝, 𝚂𝚞𝚛𝚟𝚎𝚢 𝙲𝚘𝚛𝚙𝚜 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜.

𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝙼𝚛. 𝙰𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗 𝙵𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚎. 
𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚢. 
𝚂𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚝'𝚜 𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚝.

 Niccolo almost choked on air. It was from his father. He walked back inside and ripped open the seal before sitting back down on his bed. He took out the parchment and took a deep breath before reading the letter.

𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝙽𝚒𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚘,

𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚊𝚢, 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜.𝚁𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚕𝚢, 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚊 𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝙶𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚣, 𝚊𝚗 𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜, 𝚢𝚎𝚜? 𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚕, 𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚜 𝙸𝚜𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝙸'𝚖 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍. 𝙸𝚗 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚝, 𝙸'𝚖 𝚎𝚡𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝙽𝚘 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚟𝚎𝚢 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝙸 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕. 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚕𝚢 𝚛𝚞𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢. 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚒𝚗𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚝 𝚛𝚞𝚕𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚖 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚕𝚍𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚜. 𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚋, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚢𝚖𝚙𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜𝚎, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊 𝚕𝚊𝚛𝚐𝚎 𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚙 𝚘𝚏 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎. 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝. 𝙶𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚣 𝚝𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕, 𝚂𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚊, 𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜. 𝙷𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚠𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚞𝚕𝚝𝚒𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜! 𝙷𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕. 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚊𝚢. 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏, 𝙽𝚒𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚘. 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗'𝚝 𝚝𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚛 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚢𝚎𝚝, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚐𝚑 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛. 𝙱𝚞𝚝, 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚒𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚠. 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚖 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏. 𝙸𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏𝚏 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢. 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚛 𝚞𝚜, 𝙽𝚒𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚘. 𝙶𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚣 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞.

𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝙼𝚛. 𝙵𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚎.

Niccolo gritted his teeth. '𝘋𝘢𝘮𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘎𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘻,' he thought. He scrunched the letter into a small paper ball and threw it across the room. He clenched his fists, letting his fingernails dig into the flesh on his palm, and leave small marks.

(𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬)

~

Sasha stood there in shock.

"Niccolo, I'm so sorry. I had no idea," Sasha said, her voice growing hoarse.

"No, don't apologise, it's not your fault. I never liked my father anyway, so who cares what he says?" Niccolo said, wrapping Sasha into a tight hug.

"I understand if you choose your family over me, Niccolo. Please, don't feel pressured to do anything you don't want to. If you want this to end then it's your call. I'll listen-" Niccolo cut her off with a kiss. Sasha quickly melted into it, and felt strong arms wrap around her waist, and lifting her onto the table. She twisted her hands in his hair, and pulled away.

"Sasha, you are my family," Niccolo whispered. Sasha could only blush. They stared at each other, before a loud crackling sound interrupted them, and burning could be smelled from somewhere near the stove. Niccolo quickly rushed over to it, and peeked into a pan which the burning smell seemed to come from.

"Um, oops. I burnt the omelette." Niccolo croaked, before chuckling. Sasha also laughed, hopping off of the table and walking over to where he was standing.

"Can you teach me? How to cook an omelette, I mean."

"Of course, stand here." Niccolo got some eggs and cracked them into a bowl, mixing the yolks and whites together, before handing the bowl to Sasha and gesturing to the pan. Sasha took it, and slowly poured a tiny drop of it into the pan. It made a loud sizzling sound, before melting away.

"No, you need to pour it like this." Niccolo walked behind her, and looped his arms around her, holding her hands and helping her pour the liquid correctly. He rested his chin on her shoulder, and tightened his grip into a backwards hug, and Sasha leaned into it.

"Perfect," Niccolo muttered.

"The omelette? Thanks! I think it looks good for my first try."

But Niccolo wasn't describing the omelette, no matter how good it did look.

~

𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵: 1004

𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 <3