Chapter 12

A'kadrian POV

I got Destiney's number and headed home. Once I got home, I went upstairs to the guest room and layed down. I was halfway asleep until I heard the door open. I rolled over with my back towards the door, thinking it was A'maya.

"Bruh, what you want? Why you aint with that other nigga?" I said starting to put my earphones in my ear. "Uhmm, sir..." I heard Amaya's mom say and I quickly jumped up. "I'm soo sorry Ms. K, I didn't mean to say that to you" "It's fine.. So, I'm guessing you know where A'maya is, right?" "Yes Ma'am."

The more I think about her being with that other nigga, the more mad about it I get. Like, what is it that he has that I don't? All I know is I'm not about to stress it. If she want me, she better act like it. If she don't, then let me know some so I won't waste my time.

"What's on your mind?" Ms. K asked me with concern all over her face. "Nothing, just had a long day today, that's all." "You sure? You know you can talk to me about anything, right?" "Yea, I know. But I do have a question.... Do you think you can book my flight back home early?" "Sure.. Are you feeling homesick?" Both of us start laughing at her comment.

"Ms. K, I just wanna get back home so I can get registered and everything for my senior stuff. I don't want my mom doing everything herself." I made up a quick lie. "Alright. Well, get you some rest, and we'll finish talking about this in the morning." I turned over, put in my earphones, and fell asleep.

A'maya POV

I was soaking wet and ready to go home. Today was so much fun with us beating the boys to the water balloon fight. Now, I'm just ready to go home, wash my hair, and go to sleep. I looked in my bag for my car keys and couldn't find them, which was odd, because that's where I left them. I looked in the parking lot, and my car was gone. I called A'kadrian, and he didn't answer. Nigga got another thing coming when I get home.

"Hey Mike, do you think you can take me home?" I asked Mike. "Sure, but I thought you drove?" "I did." The more I tried to explain to him what happened, the more irritated I got. "Look, ian got time to explain what happened, so can you just take me home, please?" I said, walking towards his car. "That's too bad, because I was thinking about taking you out to eat somewhere."

"Can we reschedule this for another day? I really need to get home." "Your wish is my command"

The whole car ride was silent, except of the radio playing and me exhaling aloud every 10 seconds. I layed back and closed my eyes, and before I knew it I was sleep.