Chapter 13

A'maya POV

I was outside playing ball with some old friends. I just got done playing a game, and I was sitting down, drinking my gatorade. I felt someone touch my arm. I turned around, but I couldn't see anyone. The hands shook me again, but this time, I heard a voice. "Sweetheart, I love you." it was my dads voice. "I love you too dad. I miss you." my eyes started to water. "I miss you too babygirl, but I'm going to need you to watch your back from now on." "daddy, what are you talking about?" I felt someone shaking me gently, and I woke up.

"A'maya, wake up. We're here." I woke up, rubbing my eyes, trying to observe where I was. I was so into my dream, I had forgot Mike gave me a ride. "You ok? It look like you had a bad dream or something."

I grabbed my ourse, thinking about my dad's message in my dream. "Watch your back babygirl". Those words kept replaying in my head.

"Yeauh, just tired. I'll see you later." I grabbed my bag and walked towards the door. I turned around & did a signal wave to Mike to let him know I was in the house. He blew the horn and drove off. I went upstairs to my room. I unpacked my bag, grabbing my towel & clothes so I can get in the shower. I plugged my phone up to my beats pill, and listened to Nicki Minaj want some more. 4 more songs played, them I got out the shower. My hair was wet & puffy because of the hot water, but I didn't care. I put on my clothes & flops. I started to get a slight headache, so I grabbed some medicine and headed downstairs to get me some water.

As I walked in the kitchen, I saw the light from the refrigerator. "Ma, guess what happened today! I - oh." I stopped talking when I realized it was A'kadrian. "I see you finally made it home." He said, grabbing a water bottle for himself.

***********************