Chapter 19- The catchup

It's been a 2 weeks since the accident happened & school has started back. They gave me a brace for my knee & some antibiotics. Also, I have to miss the first month of basketball, which is not wassup for me. That's supposed to be the time where I show everybody what I've been working on. Akadrian is back in Mississippi, he left last week. He left on a good note, and got everything off his chest. I receive a phone call from him everyday checking on me to see if I've gotten any better. Not gonna lie, I miss him, but he's alright where he's at. Mike has also been checking on me every chance he has since he got a job. His cousin got him on at finish line in the mall. When he told me, I think I was more excited than he was. Why? Discounts my nigga ! Lol, but once my knee is better, I'm going to start my job hunt. But as of right now, I'm focused on resting so I can get back in the court. I decided to walk to the gym so I can work on my skills. I grabbed my beats & my house key before I left the house. Once I opened the door, the heat hit me hard. I grabbed a water bottle, & turned my music on shuffle.

I got to the gym, went to the empty end of the court & start shooting around. Nicki Minaj go hard came on, & I started to do different moves.

"If you could, you would get rid of me. Fuck you gone do when a bitch tryna go hard? But I won't let you get to me, you should already figure Ima go hard. If you was as real as me, you would never let another girl sit on your throne. I done put the choke hold now they screaming Nicki leave me alone" I am, I'm still the one to beat. Ain't in the rush from these streets, I am the street. I am getting it in until the end I gotta go, go, goooo, go hard"

I was shooting the ball around slowly grabbing my rebounds. I found myself singing out loud, and looked around to see if I was loud enough for anyone to actually hear. Luckily, I wasn't. Just as I turned around to shoot the ball, everybody got quiet.

"What are you doing here, don't you supposed to be resting your knee?" Coach said walking up to me. "Yeauh coach, I am. But I still gotta practice 30 minutes out of my day." I walked over to the bleachers & stretched my legs.

"No ma'am, you are grounded from basketball for the month. What if you're "trying to heal a hurt knee faster" method does nothing but only mess it up worse? We want you in by the time we play the Chargers. And we can't have you in if you're hurt." She took the ball away from me & smiled. "Go home & rest up A'maya. I know it's hard trying to recover from a injure, but the fastest way to heal it is to let it heal on its own. She walked out the gym with the ball in her hand. I sighed & grabbed my phone. What to do now? A'Maya thought to herself as she grabbed her beats & walked out the gym.