2 : Just friends?

3rd Year's of University

The gangs of Engineering and Doctor are on their way to another weekend activity like they always do but this time it's a long one. A month off from campus responsibility which they needed after a long tiring semester.

Phana suggested that they went to Yo's family rest house in the countryside for a week. It's a four hours ride from their university. There is a river nearby that Phana has been dying to try kayaking or better, do the white water rafting.

Phana left a day earlier with Yo to arrange everything for them at the place as it's been ages that Yo had been there.

Ming left with Kit later that night leaving Lam and Forth to fetch the whiny Beam from his dorm. He was sulking at Phana and Kit for abandoning him just because he overslept from the tiring post-exam.

"It's your fault for oversleeping. Don't give me that face!" Lam said almost shouting, seeing the frown on Beam's face with his pouting mouth. This kid is too spoiled by his friends and the big man sitting beside him, he sulks easily to such trivial matters.

"I'm not! Geez!" Beam retorted.

Beam turned his attention to the other man whining, "Forthhh...I'm hungry."

Forth swiftly hands him over a plastic bag and Beam pout changes to a beaming smile seeing his favourite American breakfast inside the bag.

"Thankk yoouuu...this is why I love you more than the others." Beam said giving Forth a hug from behind the car before eating his breakfast deliciously.

Once again, Forth just smiles while Lam rolls his eyes in annoyance at the usual sights happening before him. Since Forth saves Beam from the bar years ago from the hungry girls attacking his virtue, the relationship between the two becomes something that no one could decipher.

Just friends?

Lovers?

No one dares to ask. Not to the oblivious Beam and definitely not to the hot-tempered Forth.

Asking is a vain effort. Forth eyes alone can kill anyone who dares to approach Beam. That guy was tagged long ago without him realising.

"I'm picking up Park and ride with him to Yo's," Lam announced what he planned earlier with Forth. Forth wanted to be left alone with Beam along the journey.

"Park? Who's Park?" Beam nosily asks while munching his sausage.

"His boyfriend." Forth replied smirking at Lam who blinked his eyes at Forth answer.

Do Forth saw them as boyfriends?

Park is Forth's friend from childhood who recently moved back to Thailand after spending seven years in Canada.

When Forth first introduced them, Lam can't deny the attraction he felt towards the man but Forth situation made him hesitant to pursue Park. He can't be Forth. He doesn't have his patience.

"You have a boyfriend?!!" Beam exclaimed in surprise that the grumpy Lam had a boyfriend.

Beam kills his mood again with his overreaction to anything related to him. Just him. Not anybody else. It's like Beam is fascinated with everything Lam ever do.

Like dude you literally have a boyfriend.

"Why are so surprised anyway? Both your friends have boyfriends. You.." Lam saw the warning stares given by his bestfriend.

"Me? What's with me?" Beam asked munching his bread and shoves half of it to Forth's mouth which the latter gladly eat as he waited for Lam next words.