11 ~ Nicknames

Narrator~

"If you don't mind, could you stay awhile" Sooyoung brought out a couple of her favorite snacks, hoping it will entice Jiwoo.

Jiwoo, realizing that she was hungry even after sipping two cups of tea, agreed to stay a few more minutes.

"Sure, as long as you could pass some of the snacks you got there" She pointed to the tray and smiled at Sooyoung. Sooyoung immediately sat down and directed the tray to Jiwoo. She hesitated a bit, deciding which snack she will commit to, before finally selecting an unknown flavor chip she never tried before, which was strawberry.

Sooyoung placed down the tray on the table and instantly chose her decision.

There was a comfortable atmosphere around them. The soft crinkles of the salty and sweet snacks, the silent room, and the soft winds hitting the window from outside. The awkward dense feeling has disappeared in an instance.

"Do you mind if I put on music? It won't be loud" Sooyoung carefully said. Jiwoo nodded her head as she was more focused on not dropping her chips than whatever Sooyoung was asking.

Sooyoung went to Spotify and purposely clicked a playlist.

(A/N: u should check it out)

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/16aoNlzAzB1MFuwqJsl7NK?si=8nCCamVMTTSSiRKAXHBXXQ&utm_source=copy-link&dl_branch=1

Sooyoung hoped the songs would start playing already so that Jiwoo wouldn't know the name of the playlist.

Jiwoo, after listening to the song for a while, raised her head to read the title of the song.

"She by Dodie? You listen to Dodie as well?!" Jiwoo was surprised by Sooyoung's taste in music.

"Pfht, of course, I listen to Dodie. I listen to many artists like Girl in red, Hayley Kiyoko, Tiffany Day, and even Tate McRae" Sooyoung boasted her favorite individual artists. She was hoping if she mentioned Girl in Red, Jiwoo would agree that she listened to them as well.

"Woah, I usually just listen to whatever is popular. Maybe sometimes I would try indie. But I could never choose a favorite artist" Jiwoo started munching on her snack again. Usually, she would go for something she always eats, by this time she was eating the new chip flavor.

"Yeah, they are just artists I usually listen to" Sooyoung tried to keep her confidence up after hearing no reaction about the lesbian artist she mentioned.

(A/N: should have mentioned Jojo Siwa)

Sooyoung started to skip some of the songs that would have been a bit too...18 + for Jiwoo, well at least she thought.

"Could you play some of Doja Cat's songs? I have recently been listening to her new album" Jiwoo didn't look up at Sooyoung, but instead went on her phone and scrolled through Instagram.

"D-doja Cat? You like her songs?" Sooyoung was genuinely surprised that Jiwoo would like her songs. Especially since it's a bit uncensored...

(A/N: LOVE HER NEW ALBUM PLANET HER OMGSSDDJD ESPECIALLY NEED TO KNOW)

Jiwoo looked at Sooyoung weirdly. Was she really asking why she liked Doja's song?

"Are you a barb?"

Sooyoung instantly choked on her chips.

"A what"

"A barb, you know? Queen Nicki?" Jiwoo was starting to be concerned about Sooyoung. How could someone not know Queen Nicki Minaj?

"Uhm, yes yes I do" Sooyoung lied. She quickly started eating her chips again, hoping to avoid the now rocky conversation.

"Here, let me play you some of her songs" Jiwoo reached over the couch to get the TV remote out of Sooyoung's hand. When she reached over to Sooyoung's left side, she didn't notice how close their faces were to each other.