6 ~ Blue Elephant

Narrator

Chuu walked away from Yves. A bit embarrassed, she rushed to another aisle where she saw different kinds of furniture. She looked at some prices before walking further away. She didn't care to shop for anything at the moment. Only one thing was on her mind. Yves.
She couldn't stop replaying that moment in her head. With her sleeves covering her hands, she lifted her sweatshirt a little to hide her head. She breathed in a bit before coming out. The smell of the new clothes calmed her down slightly. She walked further in the aisle, still not knowing what us around her. She stopped in a mirror. She saw her long sweatshirt covering her shorts. Chuu pulled the short down a bit, worried if people got the wrong idea. She looked back in the mirror to see Yves behind her. She turned around to Yves with the shopping cart, walking towards her. She couldn't help but stand still and feel awkward.

Then Chuu thought for a minute. 'What am I doing? Running around and walking away from her? I shouldn't be scared of her. I should be doing what I wanted to do here, which is shopping. No more running away'. And with that Chuu established a new sense of confidence. Only for it to be knocked down when Yves stood in front of her, with a smile too. The height difference surprised Chuu. She felt her cheeks become warm, even in the cold store.

"Do you like any of these lamps?" Yves looked at the shelves.

Chuu didn't even notice what she was standing next to. She looked to the right of her to see different colors, shapes, and sizes of office lamps.

She quickly scanned the shelves. And then randomly chose a pink thin lamp that seemed to have an understandable price.

"I'm choosing this one" she smiled nervously. Even though Chuu wasn't fond of Yves, she still found her very attractive. Chuu thought of her as a potential model, maybe even a model she would use for her photography club. But she didn't believe Yves would ever do that. She didn't have a crush or anything on Yves, and she is sure Yves didn't like her either.

In school, Jiwoo was known as Chuu. All the teachers, students, and even sometimes her parents would call her her nickname, which was Chuu. Eventually, everyone forgot that her actual name was Jiwoo. But Jiwoo didn't mind, she even made an Instagram account with the name Jiwoo so that no one from school would recognize it. She would be a good student in the classroom, she had decent grades, and always stay attentive. Jiwoo would be the quiet type, always shy, and kept to herself. She observed the surroundings and always planned out everything. But when she's with her friends, she is almost the complete opposite. Very energetic and friendly.

She is favored by some teachers, they admire her work and her dedication to her education. In freshmen year, Chuu came with a few friends from middle school. But as time grew on, she made friends that she could rely on.

Then she got the courage to finally join a club. It was a photography club that interested her. She learned how to handle a camera, and how to set lighting. Overall Jiwoo started having fun in that club.

On the other hand, Sooyoung was a popular student. In school, every student seemed to have a nickname they would go by. No one would question it, that's just how it went. Her real name was Sooyoung, but she was known as Yves. And people slowly forgot her real name was Sooyoung.

Sooyoung usually hangs out with a very close friend group. They knew each other in middle school and have stuck together since. In high school, Yves was interested in dance. And that was what she did. She joined the dance team and gained fans quickly. She didn't think that was a way to gain popularity. But she did. And now she was always in the spotlight, amongst her friends too. Of course, her dance skills were one thing, but many boys and girls were attracted to her too.