13 ~ Soju

What is the feeling of meeting someone who completed you? It is as if you have known each other for years. No hesitation in trading topics, no worries or doubts clouding your mind. Talking to that significant person offered peace and tranquility. It just made you filled with joy and happiness, that you could run a mile.

The two teachers were walking to a local diner, changing their minds after they found out all of the cafes and delis were closed for the night.

They walked side by side on the sidewalk talking about stories of their childhoods, and what led them to where they currently were. They learned small facts about each other, like how Kahei was from Hong Kong and spoke Cantonese, and Haseul has a phobia of pigeons but yet people see her as a white bird.

Haseul was enlightened about Kahei's past. How she decided to come to Korea to be a singer, until realizing she truly wanted to become a teacher. Kahei was flattered by the comments and compliments coming from Haseul.

The two finally stopped at a place called, "Every day, I love you", so far it was the only place that wasn't closed and served drinks and food.

As they went inside, they saw many hues of colors mixing, empty seats and tables that were quickly cleaned, and they even saw a full-body statue of a deer. Impressing Haseul and Kahei, they timidly sat in the corner of the room.

"What do you think you're going to order?" Haseul asked as she scanned over the menu. It would be an understatement that the diner they were in only served food and drinks. The pictures of the food and the description had Haseul drooling over them. With the struggle of choosing an option, she just waited for an answer from Kahei.

Kahei was confident in her choices. Already knowing what she craved, she took a few moments to state her answer. "I'll be having the " Valentine Girl", and maybe have a bottle of soju?" She looked up to Haseul only to find her struggling with the menu options. She couldn't help but chuckle at the cute sight.

"There are so many options..." Haseul sighed before realizing that Kahei was staring at her. Feeling a bit embarrassed, she held the menu book up and slowly hid beside it.

"Maybe you could try the " 1/3" It sounds interesting doesn't it?" Kahei suggested to Haseul. Being convinced already Haseul agreed it would be her meal for the night.

They both ordered and waited patiently for the food. Haseul started the conversation between them again. They talked about where they see themselves in the future, when they get married, and when they might have kids.

"It's almost like we are talking about our lives after we married" Kahei laughed. She was enjoying the atmosphere around the pretty coach. How she would show a sweet smile before laughing, how she would become passionate about Disney movies. Kahei noticed a small dimple showing every time Haseul looked down. To Kahei, Haseul was absolutely adorable, sometimes messy, but magnifying nonetheless.

But right now, Haseul was malfunctiong. All she could hear in her head was "we married, we married, we married, we married, we-" She blushed real red when she heard that phrase form Kahei. Before Kahei could speak again, the server interrupted with the arrival of the steaming hot dishes.

Both of the teachers dug in and were enjoying the delicious meal. Needing a drink, Kahei looked around their table. Then a bottle of Soju was found. Smiling to herself, Kahei offered Haseul a glass before doing tricks with the bottle.

Kahei tilted the Soju's to Haseul, still smiling. Haseul looked at her confused. But Kahei just shaped her head.

"The prettiest girl is supposed to blow on it" She said it as if it was the most obvious thing. Not actually knowing how the rules go, Kahei just had fun with it.

"Uh, alright then" Haseul hesitated before blowing softly on the green soju. She smiled shortly after as Kahei resumed with her gimmicks with the bottle. Basically just spinning it on the table and twirling it in her hands.

"Alright now for the reveal!" Kahei finally opened the bottle and it fizzled a lot. The fizz overflowed the bottle and spilled on the table. Kahei panicked as she tried to get napkins to clean the mess. On the other hand, Haseul was laughing so much and started abusing the table.

"You probably shouldn't have rolled it around as much" Haseul tried to control her giggles as Kahei laughed with her.

And so the two drank and ate, having fun and comforting time with each other. Knowing it was the weekend, they spent the rest of time drunkenly walking in the neighborhoods singing "Into the Unknown"

Love uuuuu <3