12 ~ New teacher

Being a competitive dance coach, there was stress and worry.

Judges becoming more strict and requiring puts teams in havoc for their routine. The constant worry about dance moves, expressions, and even the costumes are all being marked and evaluated.

Jo HaSeul sighed for the fifth time of the night. She was the coach of the competitive group called "Moon", a female dance team.

She currently had 10 students, all well prepared and talented. She was proud of every one of them, but she worried that she still didn't instruct them enough. The qualifying round for the regional schools was coming soon. This was the third year of Haseul being a competitive teacher. She still wasn't used to the pressure.

She was watching videotapes of her former students' routine. Reviewing mistakes in her choreography, she became more disappointed in herself.

Even as it was past midnight, she was in the school building. Constantly working and checking her class lessons, and the dance routine.

Physically and mentally drained, she wanted to fall asleep right there and then. She figured it would be fine to take a small break to rest her head on her desk. She closed her eyes for a moment before hearing a knock from the door.

She raised her head and sat up in her chair. Curious as to who would be knocking, especially this late in the night, she stood up and opened the door.

"Hello, Ms. Jo, what a pleasure to see you at this time" A young teacher spoke with a smile. Haseul was confused as to why there was another teacher in the building at this hour. But then again, she was in the school as well.

"I just wanted to give you some tea and snacks for the night. I figured you're the type to stay up late" The black-haired teacher still stood at the door, waiting to be allowed inside.

"Oh yes, sorry about that. I was surprised that another teacher would be here at this hour." Haseul directed the teacher to the couch she had. She was thankful for the company of the teacher.

"I'm sorry but have we met before? I don't remember seeing you as part of our staff this year" Haseul asked, still curious about the pretty teacher.

"I'm sorry, I should have introduced myself. I'm the new vocal teacher. For now, I'm an assistant for the soon retiring teacher." The woman showed a small smile to Haseul as she began to talk more. "My name is Wong KaHei. I'm sure we haven't spoken before but I have been admiring your class lessons" The compliment made Haseul blush a little. Happy to learn there was another young instructor, especially a pretty one, Haseul wanted to befriend her.

"Well as you already know, my name is Jo HaSeul. I'm the current dance teacher and coach for our dance team". Haseul started to drink from the cup of tea that was given to her. Since she had a late dinner, she didn't take any snacks, yet.

" Our dance team? Do you compete in competitions? I heard this school also does recitals" Kahei moved back against the couch, completely comfortable in the office atmosphere.

"Yes, we do competitions and recitals. We actually have a qualifying round for the dance team soon. I've been preparing the routine for my students."Haseul calmly said, even though she has spent a whole week tweaking and going over the choreography many times.

Kahei smiled when the younger teacher spoke to her. It was like an angel in disguise.  Kahei found her voice to be very soft and smooth, listening to her voice felt calming. If she didn't know her occupation, Kahei would have assumed she was a singer as well.

"If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been working here?" Kahei asked as she drank her cup of tea. Satisfied with the warm beverage, she rested her arms on the couch.

"I've worked here for three years. Currently on my third. How about you? Have you worked somewhere before this job?"Haseul slowly sat down with her cup. Kahei thought for a while before responding. "I used to be a roller rink employee. I would sometimes write songs and sing when I was bored. This was during college, so I couldn't really do much". Kahei smiled as she looked down, embarrassed about her former employment. But Haseul thought the opposite.

"That must have been such an opportunity." Haseul smiled. "To see different people, couples struggling to walk, kids falling, and being the controller of the disco ball. If I might say, that would be a dream job" Haseul said before grabbing a bag of chips and carefully opened it to not make any noises.

Kahei just stared at Haseul. Impressed with how she saw the positive side of working at such a place. She thought to herself how she would see her past experience with the new point of view from Haseul. She was more curious of Haseul now. She enjoyed Haseul's company as the outside started to rain.

"I don't mean to overstep myself, but may I have your number?  It's nice to know a young and pretty teacher like yourself." Haseul quickly said while getting her phone out. Earning a chuckle from Kahei, she typed in the numbers of her new co-worker.

"It was nice meeting you, Kahei. I hope we could bond and get to know each other better over some soju at a better time"Haseul offered her hand to shake Kahei's.

"it was a pleasure meeting you as well, Haseul. And please call me Vivi" She winked at her as she shook her hand. Luckily it was dim in the room so that Vivi could not see Haseul was blushing mad.

The young teacher checked the time. It was already 1 am, but she felt it was still young in the night. Not wanting to end the conversation with her new acquaintance, she suggested a little stop at a local cafe. Vivi agreed as she wanted to spend more time with the coach as well. Both of them cleaned their snacks and tea, and were out of the school building, laughing as if they were old college companions.

Ahhhhhhhh Viseul makes me so soft💓

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I really liked this one compared to the others. ☃
Anyway please like and comment. <3

Also comment how y'all want 2jin to meet.

okay good night everyone

It's currently 3:07 a.m.

<3