Chapter 12 -- "Will you"...

Yami's POV.

The next day, I woke up early, and got dressed. Of course, I was out of the millennium puzzle. Today would be the day that I ask Yugi if he would marry me. I was very excited. I rushed downstairs, giving Yugi's grandfather a quick "I'll be back" while running out through the door. I found the nearest jewelry store and ran to it. I take a look at the display for some of their diamond jewelry, including earrings, necklaces, and bracelets. But the diamond rings were the ones that really caught my eye. I walk inside casually, getting my money ready for the perfect ring.

"Uh, hey. Could I get that diamond ring to the right? With a flower type pattern to it?" I pointed.

"Sure, that'll be $800." The cashier opens the register. I pull out my money from my wallet, proceeding to pay the cashier. I wait for the cashier to grab the tiny, diamond, flower patterned ring from display, closing the tiny black box that the ring was embedded in.

"Here you go, sir. Enjoy your purchase."

"Thank you!" I take a small bag and place the tiny black box inside. I run out and rush home, satisfied with what I bought.

Yugi's POV.

After waking up from bed, I realized that Yami wasn't in bed like he usually was when he didn't get up early. I stand up, having on my Pj's, and go downstairs to ask grandpa where Yami was.

"Grandpa..? Where's Yami?"

"Oh, hello Yugi," He turns to me. "Yami got up early this morning and prepared himself to go somewhere. He rushed out and said he'd be back."

"Alright..." My voice was groggy due to me waking up, but I go back up and start to get ready for the day. Just a few minutes later, I heard the sound of a plastic bag downstairs, along with Yami and grandpa talking. I couldn't quite hear what they were saying, because I was barley paying attention. As soon as I was ready, I rub some sleep out of my eyes and blink, waking up a bit more. I went downstairs.

"Yami? You're back?"

Yami jumps in surprise and blocks the plastic bag from my view, with a worried face.

"Uh, y-yeah! I just went to buy something." Yami replied. His tone was nervous.

"Eh, you seem a little jumpy and nervous. Are you okay, Yami?"

"Y-yep! I'm fine!"

"Mm, if you say so." I shrug.

"But, uh, Yugi, I just thought that we should go to the park today, me and you." He walks to me and kisses my forehead, blushing.

"Sure, Yami." I blush back, smiling. Then, he takes my hand and walks out, grandpa waving at us. Although, Yami had brought the plastic bag with him. What's in that plastic bag...? I thought to myself. But I immediately ditched that thought, and focused on walking to the park with Yami.

--time skip by 5 minutes--

"We're here." Yami perks up and smiles at me.

"I see, but, Yami? What's in that plastic bag?"

"Um, a surprise, Yugi."

"Surprise?"

"Yeah."

"Well, alright." We sit down and talk for a few minutes, Yami trying to change the subject, while I tried to figure out what was in the plastic bag. But I gave up on trying to find out, and payed attention to Yami more.

"So, Yugi, what's your favorite kind of flower?"

"Maybe sunflowers." I smile.

"I see." Yami's expression changes to feeling satisfied about something.

A few minutes later, something happened that I would never expect. Yani took the plastic bag, reached into it, and said, "close your eyes and stand up, okay?" I did exactly what Yami had told me to do. Then I could hear him talk with a softer voice than before. "You can open your eyes now..."

I open my eyes, and to my surprise, I saw Yami, on one knee, having open a black box. And in it, was a beautiful, flower patterned, diamond ring. I gasp deeply.

"Yugi Muto... will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me...?" Yami made a big and passionate smile, while blushing at the same time. After hesitating for two more seconds, I replied.

"Yes, Yes! Of course I will!" I exclaimed as I tackled down Yami, hugging him, until my constant hugging was broken by his soft kiss. I quickly kiss him back, cuddling him at the same time. This was truly a day to remember. My one and only Yami, engaged to me. I felt so unique at the moment. What more could I ask for? I had everything I needed. And that includes Yami....

My one, true love.

The end.