~Legacy Day - Raven's Tale~

Once upon a time, in a faraway land...

"I am Raven Queen, Son of the Evil Queen." Raven starts before looking down at me with a gulp. I grasped at my skirt, nervousness bubbled up in my stomach. The corset made my breath struggle in and out of my body. He needed to break the rules so that he and everyone who didn't want to become what we were destined. "And I pledge..." He stutters before glancing back at what I assume was Adam White, Son of Snow White.

Adam had always been selfish with his destiny, never caring about what it would do to Raven at the end of the day. Raven looks down at me again and I nod.

All eyes were on Raven as he faced the most important choice... Really? You're gonna start there? At Legacy Day? You know, there's only really room for one narrator here. Start at the beginning, where the whole Rebel and Royal drama began. Oh fine. Gather 'round friends and let us tell you a story, the story of Ever After High. A high school for the teenage sons and daughters of the most famous fairytale characters who ever lived.

But this year was like no other for the students of Ever After High. Raven's Tale, the story of a Rebel. It was the year of Legacy Day. A momentous event, where the students pledge to all the magical world to follow the same path as their fairy tale parents. Which they better do or else. I'm sorry. Who's telling this story? If you don't...

"Will you two stop fighting? Peas and crackers." Matt orders the sky and I turn about to walk facing both Raven and Matt. Matthew being the son of the Mad Hatter, had a little leeway to be, well, mad. "Um, who are you talking to?" I ask him with a slight giggle and a bounce in my step. I turned away, blissfully unaware of the blush that had sparked up on Matt's cheeks and the slight jealousy that had flashed in Raven's eyes.

I suddenly trip on some uneven stones, which happened often, even though my balance in sword fighting was perfect. I, the daughter of Arthur Pendragon, was the clumsiest person you will ever meet. Both Matt and Raven grab ahold of my arms and get me back on my feet. "Sorry." I giggle as Excaliber rests against the collar of my dress. My heels were about 2 inches and were ankle boots that I slid on and off.

My dresses ranged from collared pieces that made me feel like my dad, while other pieces made me feel a little more girlish when I felt like it. Matt quickly got the conversation back to where we were. "Why, the narrators." He says before stopping to think for a moment, then remembering something. "Oh, you two can't hear them. Only I can." Matt says and Raven just shakes his head and agrees as I giggle.

"Can I talk now?" He questions us and we both nod while I listen intently. "It's just...I'm so sick of everyone thinking I'm so evil because my mum was." He complained. I place my hand on his shoulder comfortingly as Matt tries to reassure him about how everyone at Ever After High loved him. This was immediately debunked by how quickly everyone cleared the halls once we entered. I sighed and shrugged at Raven.

I was rooming with Ceder Wood this year. She was the daughter of Pinocchio and was rather nice to room with. Suddenly, Matt's watch went off and he pulled his hat from his head with a cheer. "Yay! Tea time!" He says as he pulls out a table, chair, and full tea set out of his hat. "Early gray." He tells his little dormouse as he pours tea for the two of them. Then gifting the floor a nice puddle of tea.

I shake my head with a smile before waving to the two before heading to find mine and Ceder's dorm room. Once I had found it and unpacked all my stuff, I headed down to the cafeteria to get something to eat and maybe find Raven while I was at it. He needed someone to help him thought the day with his issue. I got some french fries and a salad before locating Raven, unaware that Dexter Charming was watching me.