Chapter 7: The Confusion

On the next day, at Ooarai Central Hospital.

Inside a room numbered 113, Miho is now sleeping in a chair next to a bed where the little girl laid at. The little girl had passed a 4 hours surgery to aid her bruises, cuts, and the most notably was the black burnt out spot on her chest, which shocked and confused much of the doctors whose doing the surgery. But despite encountering some difficulties, the doctors and the nurses managed to bring the little girl from critical condition into a much better and stabile condition.

Not so far from the bed and the sleeping Miho, is Yukari, also sleeping as she rest her back into the wall behind her and a book on her laps. Miho and Yukari just had a sleepover on the hospital last night. When Miho waited for the little girl's surgery to be completed, Yukari volunteered to befriend her, while Saori and Hana are asked to leave by Miho who don't want to burden all of her friends, so Saori and Hana promised to come back again the next morning, which is today.

It's 7 A.M in the morning of Sunday. The sound of bird chirpings could be heard from the windows, and the sun light penetrated through the windows of the room, illuminating the bed part where Miho's sleeping.

Because of the sun rays on her face, Miho slowly squint open her eyes, and she slowly realized that she's on a strange location. She then rise up in confusement as she looked around the room a bit. But when she look at her left, she could see the little girl, now clad on blue-white polkadot hospital clothes, sleeping quietly.

The room is very silent. Only the sound of beepings from the electrocardiograph machine could be heard through out the room.

Miho then stare at the little girl and remembered about everything happened last night. She saw the little girl's head was bandaged, and also as some parts of her hands and arms, and Miho knows underneath the clothes some part of the little girl's body was also bandage. But Miho is relieved that the little girl is fine.

Miho then smiled. This isn't her first time of feeling such fear on her life. She had some fearful moments before, and she refused to even recall it. It doesn't important anymore, what's important right now is that the little girl is safe.

She looked behind her and found the sleeping Yukari. Miho felt bad that she had dragged Yukari into this problem, maybe she will need to apologize after this. She then stare to the windows, seeing the sun light spray through the windows, and also birds inside their nest on top of a tree outside. She need to admit, it is a beautiful morning.

As Miho is admiring the scenery outside the window, a movement caught on the corner of her eyes. She then stare at the little girl, thoughting that the movement was from the little girl. But as she stare the little girl, there's no movement.

Miho then shook her head. "Maybe it was only my imagination..." Miho thought.

But then again, her eyes caught something. She stare down to the little girl again, now pretty convinced that the movement was really from the girl. She waited, and finally she saw it again, now clearly. The little girl's hand is moving a bit, and her fingers are twitching.

Miho is surprised. She then grab the little girl's right arm. "Uhm... Hey there..." Miho tried to say to the little girl.

The little girl slowly squint open her eyes, and stare right at Miho's face. The little girl seems confused.

"Hey there... Are you awake already? Can you understand me?" Miho asked with a nervous smile.

The little girl nod, then silent. Once she tried to say something, there's no voice came out from the girl's mouth.

That shocked the girl. Her eyes widen, and her left arm trembled up to her throat. The girl then try to say something again, but again, no voice came out from her throat.