Chapter 23.C: Eila and Sanya's P.O.V

Eila and Sanya are currently on Sanya’s room, resting after a long night shift last night. Both of them are laying on the bed. Sanya is clutching her pillow, while Eila is playing around with her tarot card.

Everyone said Eila could see and predict the future, and of course she can, sometimes very accurate, it was all connected with her magic.

On the day of Yoshika’s accident happened, Eila and Sanya were resting on Sanya's room as always when suddenly Eila had this very strange and sinister feeling on her mind, it's like something very bad will happen in a short time. But she just shrugged it off and didn’t mind it. Only after the news of Yoshika’s loss that she finally knew what her feeling meant.

Eila start to thinking about it, about what if she had taken a kind of action and try to prevent it all from happening. Could she do that? Well, she will never know because she can never rewind time.

Silence.

The only voice filled the room is silence, and the room was also very dark, even the windows are taped over with blankets. This was done in order to help Sanya and everyone else from night patrol shift—in this case Eila—to sleep during the day.

There’s no conversation between the two. Except sometimes, Eila would ask Sanya to pick one of the tarot card, then Eila could read what the card meant.

But suddenly, a question poped out inside Sanya’s minds.

“Eila,” Sanya called, breaking the silence.

“Hrm? What is it?” Eila asked as she turned around to Sanya.

“I was curious, how is your perception of Miyafuji when she was still... Well... Alive?” Sanya asked.

Eila is quiet surprised and confused by the question.

“What is it about the sudden question and topic?” Eila asked with one of her eyebrow rised.

“I was just curious...” Sanya replied timidly as she buried half of her face into her pillow.

Eila closed her eyes. “Um...” then she placed one of her finger on her chin. “Hrm...” then suddenly, she opened her eyes again. “How about you Sanya?” Eila asked back.

“Eh?” Sanya said.

“What is your perception of her?” Eila asked.

“Um... I think Miyafuji was a good girl... She get along with us very well, especially Lynne.” Sanya said. “I wish I could get closer to her, before she died.” Sanya added.

Eila nod. “Yeah, seen from her appereance, Miyafuji is really a good girl. She’s cheerful, helpful, and her cooking was heavenly too.” Eila stated.

“What will you do if you have one more day to spend with her, Eila?” Sanya asked.

Eila in confused by the question at first, but then think about it.

“Probably, I will try to befriend her more closely, but not as close as I befriend you, Sanya,” Eila said, with a bit blush on the end. “And then, maybe I would take her into a sauna, or something like that.” Eila said. “How about you Sanya?” Eila asked back.

Sanya looked up to the ceiling. “Me... I really want to know her more... So maybe, I would talk a lot with her.” Sanya said.

“But I thought you were shy?” Eila asked.

Sanya smiled. “I’m not so shy anymore Eila, it’s just felt like... When I interact with Miyafuji, I could feel a connection between our hearts.” Sanya stated.

The statement surprised Eila, and then she had some kind of a jealous eyes.

“Eh? Really?” Eila asked in jealousy.

Sanya giggled. “Well, a bit...” Sanya said.

Silence again. When Eila heard what Sanya said, she remembered about her feeling back then. It starts to get into her mind.

What if, that day, she had taken her strange feeling seriouly? Could all of this be avoided? She know that the chance is pretty slim, and no one knows what exactly going to happen in the future, even though she did have the ability to see through the future, doesn't meant the future will happen the exact same way as she saw it.

All those feeling slowly mixed into one giant strange feeling, and it starts to get into her nerve. Could be... This all because if her fault?

Eila shook her head. No! That can't be! Just because she ignored her future seeing, doesn't mean she killed Yoshika. No... That's stupid...

"Sanya..." Eila called.

"Yes?"

"Um... Actually-"

Suddenly, the alarm of the base went on, surprising the pair.

“T-The alarm...” Eila whispered. “Should we also go, Sanya?” Eila asked.

Sanya smiled. “Well, we could.” Sanya replied.

“But were you tired from the last night’s night patrol?” Eila asked.

Sanya shook her head. “No, not reallly. Besides, I missed to fight along you, Eila.” Sanya replied.

Eila smiled. “Okay then, let’s go!” Eila said. "Maybe... I shouldn’t take this thinking seriously... I did felt something back then, but I didn't know it was about Miyafuji... This isn't my fault... Yeah..."

To be continued...

(A/N: Oh no, Eila it's not your fault! But by the way, here's the 3rd part of chapter 23. I will be back with chapter 24 in a bit. See ya all later!)