Chapter 2

"Dad??" Amelia called out into the empty apartment, heading to the kitchen to set her things down. Grabbing her new book, she headed into her fathers workshop only to find him working on some kind of red suit, yelling at one of his machines.

"Hey dum-e, bring me that wrench!" Tony yelled to his machine, but Amelia thinking he was talking to her looked up at him. "Which one?" She asked, setting her book down and looking for the needed item. Tony's head shot up at the sound of his daughters voice. "Kid, what the hell are you doing in here?" He snapped, his tone surprising Amelia.

"I called out for you, did you not hear me?" She asked, looking confused as she handed him the wrench. He sighed, took the wrench and then lead his daughter back out of the workshop. She quickly grabbed her book and followed him out. What she didn't see was Dum-e sadly waving after her.

Once safely back in the kitchen, Tony and Amelia both seated at the table he looked down at his hands and sadly smiled up at his daughter. Confused, she said "Dad? Is everything ok??"

He laughed, softly and shook his head. "Everythings fine, I just have a little bit of news. I'm gonna be out of town for the next few nights, business." He said, biting his lip as to not let his lie slip.

"That's fine dad, where you headed?" She asked, smiling at her dad. "Eh not sure. The Big Wigs don't really want me telling every news station in the city where i'm headed anymore."

Amelia laughed and squeezed her dads hand a bit. "Can I ask you a question, dad?" He nodded. "Do you think i'm, odd? Weird?" Tony cocked his head, confusion clearly written all over his face. "My daughter? Odd? Now where the hell would you get an idea like that?"

Amelia shrugged, pulling her hands back into her lap. Quietly, she started picking at her nails, a bad habit she had picked up ever since Steve started making his advances even more noticeable. "Small block, people talk." She shrugged.

Tony rolled his eyes, and took his daughters hands into his. "Listen to me kid. You're not weird, you're not odd, nothing is wrong with you. You're so much more than you know, you'll see one day." She smiled at him, and took her hands back.

"Thank you dad, that truly means a lot to me. What time are you gonna be leaving??" She asked, standing up to make herself something for lunch, deciding to make an açaí bowl. "Around midnight, so you go ahead and enjoy your day. This trip won't take too long, promise. I should be back before dinner tomorrow."

Amelia smiled and nodded. "Alright, enjoy your lunch. Holler if you need anything, love you kid." Tony waved as he headed back into the workshop, the door slamming shut behind him. Smiling to herself, Amelia took her food and book onto the terrance, and started to read, never having felt more at peace. But the question still lingered, what the hell was her dad doing with Iron Mans suit??

Later that night, around 2am, Tony made sure his daughter was safe and asleep. After seeing she was more than safe, he slipped into whatever version of Mark this was and locked up the house. On the roof, he looked over the city smiling to himself. "Sure is pretty, ain't is Jarvis?"

"Indeed it is, sir. But Mr. Stark, don't you think it's time you tell Amelia?? She's 19 years of age, I think she can handle it." Tony rolled his eyes, and engaged the flight power. As fast as light he headed towards the portal for Asgard. "If I tell her, she's going to be in even more danger than she already is. Look what happened to Pepper!"

As soon as the words left his lips, he regretted them. Clearing his throat he said "Do we have any updates from anyone??" The computers could almost be heard calculating until Jarvis finally spoke. "Nothing sir. It's still been 2 years since there's been any activity."

Tony sighed, and quickly turned his blasters towards the rainbow bridge. "It doesn't make sense. The team goes to one of Thors parties on Asgard and then they all go missing?? And no one on earth remembers them except for me?"

"Sir, have you ever stopped to consider it might some kind of magic?" Tony laughed. "Magic? Jarvis, are you crazy?" And then he saw it for the first time with his own eyes. The rainbow road. And that was truly magic.

Luckily for him, the guard, whatever his name was, Tony couldn't seem to remember, let him in without second guessing. Something about hearing Tony Starks name come from the Iron Man suit changed his mind. Tony flew towards the center of the city, which just happened to be a gorgeous, towering castle. He stopped at the front door, and quietly knocked.

No answer.

He tried once more and when he went to knock, the door flew open. The dark hallways seemed to loom over the man as he walked in. No light could be seen except a small fireplace, which he went to.

There, on the coffee table was a steaming teapot along with a small cup. Smiling to himself, he took off the suit and made himself comfortable. Checking the time, he saw he still had hours before he needed to be back. Looking around and not seeing anyone else, he grabbed the tea and poured himself a cup, bringing the hot tea to his lips.

"Oh crap. Miss Wanda told me not to move, said it would scare you." The tea cup said, scaring Tony. He looked down at the cup, and then realized where he had heard that voice before.

"Peter?? Kid, is that really you?" He asked, not even questioning the fact that he was talking to a tea cup. "I'm not supposed to talk, sorry mister." He said almost sheepishly. "Kid, it's me, Tony. Do you not remember me?"It was almost like the cup was cocking his eye brow. "Sorry Mister, I've never met a Tony."

"Who dares enter my castle??" A loud voice bellowed from somewhere within the castle, and Tony immediately knew who it was. "Reindeer games?? Is that you??" He asked, looking around, trying to find the source of the voice.

"My name is not important to you, mewling quim. What's important is why you're here. So, what are you doing here, using my belongings for your personal benefit?" Tony was almost speechless, almost.

"Um excuse me, Mister Horns, Im here to get my team back. The team, which I might mention, you've held here for two years against their will."

He looked over to the see the teapot and matching cup almost shaking. "You shouldn't have said that, mister." The teacup whispered. Tony just shrugged. Suddenly, all the hair on his neck started to stand up, and he turned around to be face to face with a looming frost giant.

"Reindeer games?" He whispered. The giant shook his head. In the blink of an eye, the giants hand was wrapped around Tony's neck. "You shouldn't have come here." He whispered, before whipping away and down towards the dungeons.

Jarvis, knowing that Tony was in trouble quickly flew out of the castle and back to the portal. Amelia was about to get the news of her lifetime.