Chapter 12

2019, Paris, France

September was already here, but September was better than originally planned. After a huge fight with her dad in Madrid, Michelle had been able to drop school, she was not going to study politics, at least not for a year because she was going on tour. It had started in August, she went to a lot of music festivals in France, it had been incredible, and she never wanted that to stop. Elle was performing almost every night, but she would change that for nothing, even if she were exhausted and that she wished she had more time to see her friends. The brunette smiled when her phone rang and saw the name of Victoria on it.

V: You better be kidding me!
M: Hello to you too, Vic.
V: Why the fuck can't you come to our show in Paris?! Do you have any idea of how hurt Dami is? The poor boy is heartbroken, you...
M: I'm coming, but I wanted to surprise him, Vic.
V: You what?! Holy shit you scared me, Elle! I thought we wouldn't see you! So, Dami doesn't know?
M: Of course, he doesn't, that's the point of a surprise, Vic. Please don't tell him, nor Thomas, only Ethan knows.
V: Ethan knows?! Why does the bitch always know that you're coming?!
M: Because Ethan knows how to keep his mouth shut.
V: You bitch! Anyway, I have to go Dami is getting on my nerves, I hope he'll get better when he sees you on Wednesday because otherwise, I'll probably end up in jail for murdering him. Love you, Elle! See you on Wednesday!

And like that, the blond bassist hung up the phone, which made Elle laughed. Ethan had called her not a long time after the music festival in Rome, telling her that they would play in Paris in September and Michelle had decided to surprise her friends, hoping this time their night in Paris would get better than the last one.

@michElleValois
Stop torturing Vic, she's blaming
it on me!
I'm kidding, I promise we'll
see each other soon,
as soon as we both finish
our tours.

@ykaaar
I can't believe she called you,
that bitch
I just really miss you, Elle...
I wish we could see each
other more often.

@michElleValois
I miss you too, Dami,
I wish I were in Paris on Wednesday,
but I can't reschedule my tour...

@ykaaar
I know, it's okay don't worry,
We won't be on tour forever.
I have to go, see you soon, Elle

@michElleValois
See ya, Dami

It was hard to lie to Damiano, especially after everything they've gone through, but she knew it would make him happy to see her, it was worthy. The French singer put her phone aside and went back on stage, it was Tuesday, MÅNESKIN show was tomorrow and tonight, she had one, and she was going to rock this place!

*****

Michelle was able to sing alone on a stage in front of thousands of people, but she was scared as fuck to go and see her friends perform. Well, she was not scared to see her friends perform, she was scared to see Damiano afterward. For more than a month now, Elle had wondered about what they were, they kissed and revealed that they still loved each other, but they were not together, they couldn't be together.

@ethaneskin
Damiano is freaking out

He looks like he's about
to pass out, or to throw up
We need him to be ready
in an hour
Call him please, Elle

@michElleValois
I'll call him in a sec, I promise

@ethaneskin
Thanks Elle, see you after
the show

The brown-haired singer got into her oversized Nirvana T-Shirt and put on her belt to structure it before taking her phone back to call her friend. And by the way he was talking non-stop, she could tell he was really freaking out.

D: I can't do this, there's no way I'm doing this, Elle, I think I'm gonna throw up if I go on stage, I...
M: Damiano, please calm down.
D: Why am I so nervous, Elle? It never happened before.
M: Dami, listen to my voice please, it will be alright, okay? You know your songs, you've performed in front of thousands of people, it is nothing, okay?
D: I wish you were here; I could really use a hug right now. I don't know why I am so anxious.
M: It's okay to get nervous sometimes. My last concert is on October 3rd, I promise I'll take the first flight to Rome the next day, okay?
D: We're moving to London to work on our new album, but you could come with us?
M: We'll talk about it, okay? If I come, there will be a lot of things to schedule. You should go and get ready, I don't want Vic to blame me again, she's kinda scary sometimes. Will you be alright?
D: Yeah, I think, thanks Elle. I miss you.
M: I miss you too, call me after the show if you want.
D: No, it's okay you need some rest, you are on tour too.
M: See you, Dami.
D: See you, Elle.

Elle hung up and put her phone aside once more, she really had to get ready otherwise she would be late for her friends' concert. She did her makeup and put her hair in a ponytail. She looked okay, with her t-shirt that looked more like a dress than a shirt, her shorts were hidden under it and her fishnets tights. The brunette sighed, she looked fat with that outfit, too fat, Damiano would never like her, not when he could have a hundred times better somewhere else.

From Clara:
You better get your ass downstairs because I'm waiting for you! 7:10pm
Elle, don't torture yourself, you look perfect, he's going to love you 7:13pm
Elle, if you're not here in 3 minutes I'm killing you 7:15pm

To Clara:
7:16pm Alright, I'm coming, let me put my shoes on

Michelle put on her new Dr. Martens and got out of the flat to join Clara who was waiting in the car. The blond girl drove them to the concert hall, they showed their pass to the security who let them in. they found a spot in the back where they waited for the show to begin.

"Can you please remind me why we're hiding in the back of the hall? Damiano wouldn't see you even if you were in the front row, there will be too many people here tonight." Clara had a point, but Elle liked it here, she liked to hide in the back, especially since she had quite of a notoriety.
"I don't want people to recognize me, they're here for them, I don't want to ruin my friends' concert. Plus, it is a surprise for Dami and Thomas, they don't know I'm here."
"Vic knows? I thought the surprise was also for her."
"It was, but she called me, she was mad because I couldn't come and because that was the reason of Dami's bad mood."
"Oh, so now Vic and Ethan know, soon it won't be a surprise anymore."
"Shut up, the show's about to start."
"You are so in love with him, Elle."

The brunette laughed but her friend wasn't wrong, she loved him, but it was complicated it has always been. She smiled when she saw the band walk on stage, she looked like every other fans, but she was not, she was their friend. Damiano was smiling, he seemed happy to be here, even if Michelle could see the tense in his shoulders. Ethan and Vic looked like they were scanning the crowd to find someone and waved when they did, which made the crowd yell even if Elle and Clara knew it was for them.
The show went on, and it got better song after song, Damiano's voice was hypnotic, Michelle only wanted to walk through the crowd and to kiss the Italian singer. But it was not new, she had always found him very attractive when he was singing. The gig was almost done when the two French girls started to walk toward the security to go wait for the band backstage, some fans tried to come with them but the bodyguards where too scary. Elle and Clara heard the band arrived before they saw them, Vic was giggling, Damiano was complaining about something and Ethan and Thomas were making fun of them, but all of them stopped when they saw the brunette and the blond girl. Everyone ran toward them, except from Damiano, who looked petrified as if he had saw a ghost, he did not look really happy to see Michelle, and she could not help but wonder why.
"Michelle?" His voice seemed empty, and it broke her heart without even knowing why. He looked so hurt, Damiano looked heartbroken.

————

HI BESTIES!
I won't be able to write a lot this week because I'm going to my friend's beach house!
I hope you liked the chapter! Feel free to let me know what you think about La Vie en Rose so far
ALSO I'D LIKE TO THANKS MY MÅNESKIN WHORES FOR BEING SO SUPPORTIVE, THANKS LADIES!
See ya