11- Loyalty

The shields slowly rose

The shields slowly rose. Five technicians went to work. They wore the VDI jackets. Reed watched, worried.

Sue entered. She noticed the shields, the technicians, the VDI logo. She was deeply worried. She stepped over to Reed, sparks flew between them. The drills screamed.

"Can I talk to you?" Sue asked. Reed nodded his head and they headed to his office.

Sue stepped into the office, followed by Reed. "Don't let Victor push you into making a mistake --" She said.

"He was going to take away all my data, equipment --"

"Better then your life. Victor's not the only one who has to get into that thing."

Reed started to snap, loosing his studied cool. "Which is why I'm working twenty hours a day, checking every variable --"

"Every variable but yourself.  You don't eat, sleep.  You can't live in your head like --"

"I'm not the only one in there.  I got you, Vic, Ben, Johnny, and Rachel all rattling around in there." Reed had finally lost it.

Sue stood there, s.hocked by his outburst. " So clear it out. Get out of your head. Get out of here..." Sue realized what she had said.

Reed looked at her, knowing what she had meant. Where she meant.

--- ---

The fans swarmed Johnny. He signed autographs, posed for pictures. Then his eyes moved to an incredibly long stretched limo. A tinted window rolled down. Victor's face emerged. "Need a ride Johnny?"

Johnny climbed in, and saw three impossibly gorgeous models. This was part of his plan. If a Storm loves a Richards, then the other Richards can't. He wanted Johnny to cheat. " A few fans. I hope you don't mind." He said.

"Gotta take care of the fans." Johnny said. He smiled, sitting down in the middle of them.

"Look, I built my business knowing what people want.  And right now, the people want you." He said. The models eyed Johnny, all lusted.

"And we don't want to let the people down, do we?" Johnny asked.

"No we don't.  Which is why we need to strike while the iron's hot. I'm talking action figures, videogames, sponsers --"

"Video games? You serious?"  Johnny questioned. Victor nodded his head, knowing he had Johnny on the hook. "You talk to Reed and Rach about this?"

"Johnny.  Let's be honest here.  Ben, Rachel, Reed, Sue.  Good people, all.  But stars?" He shook his head. "I don't want to break up the band, but you're the one they want.  Don't you think it's time to go solo...?" Victor subtly nodded to his models. They enveloped Johnny.

"I'm sorry Victor. I really am. But if Rachel isn't getting involved then I don't want to either."

"Take the car for a spin.  Think about it.  Is this the life you want?  Or would you rather live in Reed's lab with your girlfriend who might be mad at you....?"

The car stopped. Victor got out. He stood on the pavement. As he's about to shut the door, a model climbed ontop of Johnny. He quickly pushed her off and held the door. "Hey. Wait."

Victor turned around. He was stunned by Johnny's choice. "I understand why Sue is so frustrated with you. You're trying to get at Reed. Kill two birds with one stone. Well I'm not having it." Johnny pushed Victor out of the way and walked into the Baxter Building.

He walked inside to immediately bumped into Rachel. He quickly kissed her without thinking. "Johnny, I-"

"I love you. I'm a real pain in the ass and I know that. I know I'm a narcissist and I'm self-destructive but you still put up with me. Which is why I love you."

Rachel smiled. She pulled him closer by his tie and kissed him more passionately. "I love you too. It's okay. It'll all be okay. Now tell me what gave you this redemption."

"Okay. But you might want to sit down." They both sat on a couch in the lobby. Rachel rested her head on Johnny's legs while he stroked her hair and told her everything.

After he explained the models, she immediately sat up. "That Bastard!" She cried. "I can't believe he did that! What a jerk!"

"I hope you aren't mad about the models." He looked down. She lifted his head up.

"I'm just glad you caught yourself before it went any farther." They then kissed. "Now let's go see if Reed is any closer to finishing."

"Do we have to? I like my powers."

Rachel rolled her eyes and grabbed him. "Come on." They then to the elevator and headed up to the apartment.

A/n: So I'm sorry this was short. I was busy. Also sorry for the change of events. I just felt like it ig. I just started writing and it took me somewhere lol.