Prologue

1999

A girl sat in her desk doodling

A girl sat in her desk doodling. She didn't want to be in her Fifth grade class but it wasn't like she had a choice. She liked to draw characters she saw on tv such as Kermit the Frog or the Ninja Turtles.

A boy who sat next to her slid a note onto her desk. She immediately opened it. 'Meet me after school by the basketball court'

School had finally ended and she ran over the basketball hoop waiting. She didn't wait long for the boy came running to her. "I- um..can wi walk you home? I found out we're neighbors."

The girl smiled. "Of course." The boy returned the smile.

The duo walked and talked until they got to her house. "Well...this is me." She giggled.

"Okay.. it was great talking to you by the way. What's your name?" The boy asked.

The girl put her hand out. "Rachel. Rachel Richards. You?"

"Oh! My sister is doing a science project with your brother Reed and his friend! I'm Johnny. Johnny Storm." He shook her hand. She smiled.

"That's a silly name. Is Storm really your last name?"

"What's wrong with it?"

She giggled and shook her head. "Nothing." She proceeded to give him a kiss on the cheek and then walked inside

2003

Johnny had just pulled into Rachel's driveway. "I had fun tonight." He said.

"I did too. Not bad for a first date." She smiled. He laughed. Johnny had always loved her smile.

"Well. I better get inside."

He nodded his head in agreement. "Okay. But I'm not leaving until I see you go inside."

Rachel saluted him. "Yes sir!" She then walked up the steps to hear noise.

"Reed I can't believe you would do this!" She heard her mother yell.

"THIS IS WHY YOU ONLY HAVE ONE FRIEND!" Her step- dad yelled.

"MAYBE YOU JUST DONT UNDERSTAND THE PHYSICS BEHIND IT IDIOT!" Reed fought.

She heard footsteps and then the door open. Reed slammed the front door and sat on the patio bench. Rachel cleared her throat and Reed looked up. "Oh.. I'd didn't see you there. Did you hear all that?"

"Yeah. I did."

He nodded his head. He then looked and saw Johnny's car parked. "Is that your date?"

"Yep."

Reed launched and headed over to Johnny. He knocked on the window and Johnny rolled the window down. "Yeah?" He asked.

"Hi! Reed Richards. Rachel's older brother. Our parents are kind of in a tough spot. Do you mind if she sleeps over at your house tonight?" He asked.

Johnny's face lit up. "Yeah..I mean no. No I don't mind."

"Great. Rach come here!"

Rachel walked over. Reed explained everything and Rachel agreed. She always loved hanging out with her best friend. "Where are you gonna go?" She asked before jumping into the car.

"I'm gonna go stay at Ben's tonight. Then we can re- group tomorrow."

"Okay." Reed then kissed Rachel on the forehead and left.

What they didn't realize was that Rachel would be spending quite a bit of time over there then she would have liked. But that wasn't a problem. Again, she liked spending time with her best friend.

But then her best friend became her boyfriend.

CURRENT DAY

"Happy anniversary baby!" Johnny came into the house with a wrapped present and a cake."

"Oh hey!" She said. "I can't believe you remembered! You're two for two already!"

"I got you a gift!" He handed her the present.

"Johnny, I thought we agreed no presents."

"I know but I wanted to give it to you."

Rachel opened it to see a necklace. It had a circle charm with a fire on the inside. "I-I-" Rachel tried to put words together.

"It's beautiful?" Johnny asked hopeful.

"I- I have a loss for words. Johnny I- I love you. This-"

"Do you want me to put it on you?"

"Yes!" She exclaimed. He grabbed the necklace and put it on her.

She kissed him and he kissed more passionately.

A/n: So exited to work on the next part. I wrote this at midnight out of boredom so it's not decent but i think it's cute. Also this is just a cute little story.