CHAPTER 10

After Freya and Dahlia's confrontation, Freya had returned back to the Mikaelson Compound.

In the study, Alexa is sitting on the sofa, spaced out. Klaus slowly walks inside and looks at her.

"Alexa?" Klaus says.

Alexa looks up at him. "Hey, Klaus."

"You're concerned about Mallory." Klaus says, sitting beside her on the sofa.

"And you." Alexa says.

"I'm fine." Klaus says.

"Niklaus." Alexa says.

"I wanted to talk you out of defeating Dahlia. But you're stubborn." Klaus says.

"Yeah. A little stubborn." Alexa says. "I'm gonna go visit the gym, I'll see you Klaus."

"Okay." Klaus says.

Alexa kisses Klaus's forehead and walks away, walking out of the study.

⚜️⚜️

ALGIERS

Elijah and Gia are sparring with each other. She tries to punch him. He catches her fist with his hand.

"As a devout feminist, I refuse to say that you hit like a girl." Elijah says to Gia, and gently lets go of her fist. "Let's try this again, shall we?

"Tell me again why I don't get to be outside with everybody else

"Tell me again why I don't get to be outside with everybody else. You know, with the nice teacher?" Gia says.

"You are my responsibility." Elijah says.

" . . . . Says the feminist." Gia says.

Elijah chuckles softly. "Fighting is rhythm. There is a music, there is a meter, there is a pattern. Let that rhythm beat within you."

Gia starts to fight Elijah, he dodges her fist.

"Legato." Elijah says. Gia tries to punch him again. He dodges. "Ostinato." Elijah and Gia practices again. "Crescendo."

Gia tries to punch Elijah, she manages to do so. But Elijah catches her fist.

"And then, once you've established your cadence--" Elijah starts to say.

Gia vamp-speeds him to a wall. "--You change the key."

Elijah and Gia exchange soft expressions at each other. He gently takes her hand and puts it on his chest.

"Now-- the head, or the heart?" Elijah says. Gia looks at him, worriedly. "None of this matters if you cannot make the kill."

"What if I can't do it?" Gia says, worriedly, letting go of Elijah's hand.