CHAPTER 23

The next morning....

In Klaus's and Alexa's bedroom,
a shirtless Klaus wearing his pajama pants, and Alexa, wearing a tank top
and her undies, are laying in their bed, shirtless, with the thick bedcover covering them.

Klaus's Nightmare

A young Klaus and Elijah are in the woods, practicing with a bow and arrow.

"That's it. Deep breaths." says young Elijah.

Young Klaus gently pulls the bow and arrow, and gently releases the arrow at a deer. The arrow misses and hits a tree trunk.

"It's okay, Niklaus. A little bit more practice." says young Elijah.

"You encourage him, Elijah? But he grows more pathetic." says Mikael.

"I'm not pathetic!" says young Klaus.

"You're not man enough to wield a weapon, if you can't hunt, you're nothing but a burden." says Mikael.

"I'm sorry." says Klaus, glumly.

"It's a shame we cannot feed on sad eyed apologies." Mikael says, and back hands Klaus. "It's your one and only skill."

"Father, stop!" Young Elijah says, defending Klaus.

"The boy needs to be made strong!" Mikael says.

Now

Awakening from his nightmare, Klaus pants, heavily. Alexa awakens and looks at him.

"Klaus?" Alexa says, trying to calm him down. And gently soothes his dark blonde hair with her fingers. "Niklaus?"

Klaus calms down a little.

"A nightmare?" says Alexa.

"Yeah." Klaus says.

"Damn. Was it Mikael? You really despise him. He's a dick-weed." Alexa says.

Klaus snickers. "He's a pain in the ass."

"You don't sleep well because of your Mikael nightmares." Alexa says.

"Not really." Klaus says.

Klaus and Alexa exchange soft expressions at each other.

"Lucien, Aurora, Tristian and the Strix." Alexa says. "They're bad seeds and they can hurt you, Elijah, Rebekah, Freya."

"Nothing can't harm me, love." Klaus says.

"Don't become cocky." Alexa says.

Klaus and Alexa exchange soft expressions at each other. And they kiss.

⚜️⚜️