Chapter 4

I face-palmed myself in my head for forgetting to say goodbyes to my new friends, as Niall called it. I didn't even know if we were friends.

When I looked back, Liam walked to my direction. "Uh, Alex, I was thinking if I should, you know, uh, you know what? Never mind." He ran his hand through his hair from front to back before putting it in his hoodie front pocket. "Sorry about that."

I didn't know what he wanted to talk about. I observed his eyes and his body movements for any clues, but unfortunately, like I said, he was a mystery. "No, it's fine."

"Anyway, it was nice to meet you, Alex," he said with a smile. He didn't have obvious dimples but his smile was still cute. "And you, Emma." He looked at her with different facial expression. He seemed like he didn't want to face her or talk to her. I didn't ask Emma yet what they talked about, but Liam seemed like he was scared to look at her.

Soon enough, Niall and Louis reached us and we all exchanged warm hugs as saying farewells. Liam gave me a last smile before we turned our backs to each other.

"Do you know what he wanted to say to me?" I asked Emma as we were heading to the next destination, looking straight. When she didn't respond, I turned around only to find Emma looking at the ground and smiling to herself. "Hey, are you okay?"

"What?" She looked like she just woke up from a nap and was completely lost.

"Why are you smiling?"

"Oh, nothing."

"Emma." I used my all time favorite technique when I wanted to get something out of someone.

She smiled again. "It's nothing. We just exchanged our numbers."

What?

"You got his number?" I felt like I was stabbed in my heart with a knife. I didn't know why this affected me so much. It wasn't like I had feeling for Liam. "How?"

"I asked."

"Why do you want his number?"

I regret my question right after because obviously...

"I told you he's cute. I like him," she replied, tossing her hair and walking faster than ever. Or was I just walking slower?

"Oh," was all I could say to her. I didn't know why I was acting like that.

"Did you see his smile? It was beautiful, like those flowers," Emma pointed to the colorful flowers blooming on the side. "And he looked like those hot models on TV, you know, may be he's even better than them. His body was just...ugh, I can't even find the right word for that."

While she was talking, she closed her eyes and made different gestures with her hands in the air. The more she talked about how beautiful Liam was, the weaker I felt inside, and out. I thought I could fall down at any second. May be it was a bit exaggerating, but that was how I thought I really felt like.

She kept describing the boy she just met a while ago, less than an hour. Sighing, I walked faster just to leave her behind.

"Heyy! Are you jealous?" She acted like one of those flirty girls. May be comparing her with Soph wouldn't be a bad choice.

"Why do I need to be jealous?" I talked as calm as my mind and my body could afford, ignoring my heart that was saying otherwise.

We spent about ten minutes to our next ride, which was called something like Viper. It was not a free falling ride like Lex Luthor but a thrilling roller coaster. It wouldn't be exaggerating to say that those drops and loops had my stomach turn upside down in my stomach.

"I'm hungry," Emma complained when we got off the ride. The lines for both rides were so long that we didn't notice it was lunch time already. We grabbed a burger each and shared the fries, resenting the prices.

While we were eating, I suggested that we should go to Scrambler to let the food in our belly be completely crushed first. I wasn't surprised when she continued our agenda for the rest of the day with another drop; Superman, Escape from Krypton; Scream; Tatsu; Revolution; Ninja; and finally, X2. What a great way to end the day, I thought to myself.

By the time we hopped into Emma's mom's car, I was so ready to crash. I didn't even understand myself because I just realized I didn't think a bit about Liam, Niall, and Louis until now.

"What did you talk about with Liam?"

"Just school and daily life...nothing really." Really.

"You like him. Why didn't you hang out with him today?" Something was strange.

"I didn't wanna leave you alone," she replied. "That's okay. There's always tomorrow."

Like I meant I was gonna die tomorrow.

"Are you gonna ask him out to a date?"

"Shh!" Emma put her finger in front of her mouth. "If only we don't have loud music in here."

That was Emma. She always had to turn her music on to the maximum volume whenever she stepped into a car. That was not an option.

"Sorry. So are you really doing it?"

"Liam?" As if she just woke up from daydreaming. I nodded. "Oh yeah, give me some suggestions like where we should go and stuff."

You are making me feel worse than ever. Is this what it's like to be emotionally hurt? "Well, I don't know. A park? A restaurant? A movie?"

"Yes, a movie night, then ice cream!"

"What are you going to watch?" 

"Cinderella!"

"Seriously?"

"What? The trailer looks so good. I'm so excited!" She did this thing with her hands and her face that typical fangirls would do.

"Kay, have fun. Tomorrow?"

"Sure, Sunday nights are always lovely!"

Total word count: 4045