Chapter 12

LIAM'S POV

I hit the steering wheel as hard as I could. I couldn't believe I just hurt a girl. I couldn't believe I just broke a girl's heart who was only trying to show her feelings. I couldn't believe I just didn't have a single word except for a 'me too' to say to a girl who ran away from me, crying, after I yelled the name of a girl that wasn't hers. I couldn't believe I just followed her all the way here, to her house.

What was going on my mind?

Why did I have to go this far?

Was it too hard to say no at the very beginning?

When I was about to start the engine and leave, the front door slammed open. Emma rushed outside, with another person behind her. 

Alex.

I focused more to make sure if the girl was actually Alex, but I wasn't wrong. Emma said something in her ear and left her on the porch.

When I was sure she was walking toward my car because I would look stupid if she was just going to the other way, I got out of my car. It was windy and I put my hands in my jacket, not feeling comfortable walking with empty-handed anyway.

Why was she coming to me?

She was going to yell at me for making her friend cry, of course. She was going to take a revenge for her.

I got more nervous as I got closer to her. 

To my surprise, Alex smiled at me when our eyes clearly met.

What?

I smiled back awkwardly. Her smile was so beautiful that it made me forget everything that happened a while ago.

"Hi, Liam," Alex greeted when we were about a foot away.

"Hey," was all I could reply because I was struck by the figure in front of me. The pink dress shaped her body perfectly, unknowingly doing something incomprehensible to me. First, we were staring at each other. I didn't know why she would be staring at me because I was in a simple shirt and jeans. But there was a sufficient reason for me.

I wasn't even aware of the wind until Alex rubbed her arm with her hand. "Do you wanna get in the car first?" I offered. I regretted afterward because she was trying to take a revenge for her friend and I asked her to get in my car!

Once again, to my surprise, she nodded. Before I knew, she started to walk toward the car. I followed her from behind. She looked so pretty even from behind. The wind tossed her hair around her head from side to side as she was walking.

She easily got in the car because I didn't lock it. She observed the inside of my car, tuning in a random radio channel that was playing an instrumental music and lowering the volume to the point I could barely hear, touching the solar dancing flower on the dashboard, and looking herself in the rare view mirror. She blushed when she saw me watching every single move of her.

I didn't have a single clue why she was doing all that. 

"Hit me," I said bluntly, looking straight forward.

"What?" She giggled.

Now she was mocking me. Great.

"Hit me, I don't care. I know you want to."

She shook her head repeatedly and burst out laughing. I was so confused.

"What?" It was my turn to question.

"Why would I want to hit you?" She smiled.

"I don't know. I hurt your friend?" I was absolutely confused now. "Or you didn't know what happened?"

"You didn't know what happened." She put on that seductive smile again.

Was this girl crazy? Was I crazy? What was going on?

"Is it true that you said my name?"

Bam! It all made sense now. Of course Emma would tell her. I was stupid enough to not figure this out sooner.

Would that make her angrier? 

"Yeah, I know," I rushed out my words. "I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking and-"

My phone's notification ring tone went off as well as the vibration. Alex and I both looked at my phone screen that was showing a new message from Niall. I was about to click the power button but hesitated when I saw a little bit of his message, the part where it read 'SOS'. 

'SOS' was a code that my friend group created when we were in middle school. We made an agreement that if the message was needed to be read immediately by the receiver, we would have to put the code in front of our text.

And this was one of them. I looked at Alex and she nodded in approval. 

NIALL: SOS!

The notification ring tone went off once again.

NIALL: Liam u won't believe what just happened

NIALL: I THINK ALEX LIKES YOU

What?

I looked up only to see Alex looking at the mirror again, so I went back to the messages.

ME: what

ME: how

NIALL: long story short i was with her a while ago

What?

NIALL: and uh you know i kind of like her 

NIALL: so i made a move but was cut off when she yelled LIAM

Oh my goodness!

I looked at Alex again. This time, she was staring at me and I blushed. "It's Niall."

And, she blushed.

We stared at each other in our eyes for a few seconds before we both crashed each other into a tight hug.

Realizing every single thing.

Total word count: 9603