Chapter 10

LIAM'S POV

"Hey, what's up?' I called Emma once I finished my breakfast because I would hate it if people kept me waiting for a call.

"Hi, Liam." Her voice was different from the day before, especially the tone she had when she knocked on my door. "Um, I wasn't the one who called you...um...but...uh..."

"Hey, get to the point," I rushed with a soft tone. She seemed to be lost in her words, and I didn't want to be offensive and make it worse.

Emma took a deep breath that I could even hear her breathing through the phone. "Liam."

"Hmm."

"Please answer honestly."

Huh?

What was she going to ask?

Whatever her question was, all I knew was that I wasn't ready for it. I knew I shouldn't be over-thinking about everything. She might just ask me about what I ate for breakfast.

"Liam?" 

"Oh yeah, sure."

"Do you like me?"

I knew it was coming, but I was literally caught off guard still. I didn't have a single idea of how to reply to that. I needed time to think.

"Do you wanna meet up at the park?"

"Really?" She sounded so happy, and it made me feel so guilty. 

But this was not the time to say no. I needed to make her understand. "Yeah, at 2?"

"Of course! I'll see you then, Liam!"

"See you, Emma."

Crap.

Honestly, Emma was such a great girl. Even though I didn't know her that much yet, I knew she was talented. She was great at making friends. She was such a carefree person. She knew how to boost up everyone's mood. She knew how to have fun, after all.

But...

Total word count: 7509