Chapter 5

LIAM'S POV

"Did somebody beat me up today just in case I wasn't paying attention?" Louis let himself fall on the couch. 

Niall laughed out loud, which wasn't surprising because he found basically everything funny. I just rolled my eyes. "Yes, the evil called Superman did."

"But that was my favorite though," was the last thing he said before shutting out the world from the couch.

"Oh yeah, I just remembered," Niall looked up at me from his phone screen. "What were you gonna say to Alex?"

Why does he even care? I got mad at myself at the mention of her name. "Just...I think I wanted to ask for her number."

Yes, that was my honest answer, straight from my heart. Even Emma asked to exchange our numbers, why was I scared of asking Alex? Was I afraid of a rejection? It wasn't like I had never got rejected before. I asked out a girl in middle school and she said no. I got rejected at the audition for entering drama at school. I even received a bad news from a scholarship I applied to. 

But, this kind of rejection was different.

"Why did you want her number?" Niall asked.

"I don't know. I had Emma's, so I thought I would have hers too." I thought of the lamest excuse.

"You have Emma's?" 

"Yeah, why?"

"Can I have it?"

"Why?

Before I knew, Niall was already at the table where I left my phone. Usually, I wouldn't let other people, even my close friends, touch my phone. But this time, I was eating pizza and too tired to move, so I didn't resist Niall. Also, I didn't really care about Emma's number anyway.

May be Niall liked Emma. That wasn't a bad thing.

He looked so happy after he went back to his bed. Even when I fell asleep, he was still on his phone, doing whatever business he was doing.

Total word count: 4367