Chapter Twenty One ;; Bitter, but Sweet

*Third person point of view*

Sammy along with Bexley waited at the gorilla for The Inner Circle's music to hit as they were ready to make their entrance. The rest of The Inner Circle decided it would be best for them to stay behind, so this match wouldn't somehow end with an all out war between them and The Elite.

In Bexley's hands she clang onto her dad's bat that he had allowed her to carry along with her in case she needed it for protection. She sighed deeply, trying to get rid of the anxiety in her chest, even if it was only for a second.

"You don't have to worry about anything." Sammy spoke as he wrapped his arm around Bexley, trying to comfort her.

Bexley took a deep breath before replying, "I just really wish none of this happened. I'm so stupid."

"Bexley, stop" he tried cutting her off, but she would continue on.

"He's married Sammy, god." She threw her head back and smacked the palm of her hand against her forehead.

Sammy gently grabbed ahold of her hand that she planted on her forehead and moved it back down to her side, but still keeping it gripped in his hand. This caused her to look him in the eyes as he would try to make her feel better with his words, "I wish you didn't kiss him either, but you can't do this to yourself. I'm not going to stand here and let you tear yourself down over someone who doesn't deserve you and a situation that does not define you."

Bexley closed her eyes and nodded at his words. "Sometimes I think I don't deserve you." She admitted from the heart, looking down.

"Do you think I'm the best?" he asked.

"I know you are," she replied with a smile.

"Then you deserve me," he smiled back.

The sound of his sweet words brought tears to Bexley's eyes. She seriously couldn't believe how dreamy Sammy could be sometimes. He just always knew the right things to say to make her forget why she was even upset in the first place.

Their moment would soon come to an end as The Inner Circle's music begin to echo throughout Daily's Place and it was time for them to make their way to the ring.

"Now, let's go do this." Sammy remarked as he directed her through gorilla with him. She placed the bat against her shoulder, just as her dad always did, and she followed Sammy through the entrance tunnel.

Shoulder to shoulder, the two of them begin their journey to the ring. Cody was already waiting for his opponent, Sammy, alongside his wife, Brandi. They stood beside each other in the ring while Bexley, who was now coming down the ramp, stared Brandi down.

Eventually, Brandi, who now knew she had Bexley's undivided attention, smiled vindictively and gave her husband a slow, passionate peck on his lips. This caused Bexley to be stopped in her tracks as she dropped the bat to her side. It took Sammy a second to notice Bexley had stopped following, but when he did he immediately walked back to get her.

Bexley was now looking down and shaking her head in hurt from the sight she just saw. Sammy wrapped his arm around her and spoke, "You don't have to be out here if you don't want to."

She looked up at her comforting friend then back up into the ring at a smirky Brandi. Her grip tightened on the bat and she returned it to her shoulder saying, "No, I wanna be out here."

All though he was concerned what Bexley may have planned, he nodded his head in agreement. The two then started to walk towards the ring again as their music would be cut off. Usually the crowd would still be singing their theme song, but this time they were chanting, "Cody's side chick" while they clapped in between each chant.