Chapter 10: Haunted Memories

Serenity's P.O.V.

The room grew cold and when I blew out a breath it formed into a misty cloud. "This is really not funny!" I shouted to my soulless father who was somewhere in this dark room. I wanted to protect Maggie, I needed to protect her. It was my fault we were in this mess, and I was hell bent on fixing it. I walked down a dark hall, only light from the setting sun at the end of the tunnel lit my path. I walked towards the opening and came to a small lake full of trees, he took me to the lake house. I slipped off my heals and the grass was soft under my feet, I walked towards the cabin and walked in. The door slammed closed, making me jump and spin around. My father stood next to a man who I knew all to well, "Hi, Lucy. Miss me I take it." I grinned at the blonde man with black eyes that stood across from me.

"Serenity Paige Magomery, I see you still show no respect for me. I'm the King of Hell, you should show me what I deserve." He sneered his voice a low rumble, I flicked him off before chuckling.

"There, I showed you what you deserved. Maggie isn't even here, is she?" I asked Sal and he shook his head with an evil grin. "Oh, so you wanted me all to yourself. Sorry, I'm taken but thanks for the disgusting offer." I said sarcasm dripping off my voice.

"Respect really doesn't come easy to you." Lucifer said before appearing in front of me and smacking across the room. My head hit the side of the counter and I felt blood trickle down my temple to my eyelashes, I stood up slowly.

"That wasn't very nice." I replied feeling my body grow hot until ribbons of fire flowed from my hands, my eyes turning a deep red. Fire shot out and wrapped Lucifer in a cocoon, my father stood still not moving fear on his face. I looked behind me to see the back door and I bolted out of it. It began to rain as the sun barely peaked out from the tree tops. My footprints squished into the mud and I cursed, knowing they'd be able to find me. "Abscondite viam, et non invenient me malum (Hide my path, so that evil can not find me)." I castes the spell and my footprints became invisible along with my body. As I rested on a tree, I felt the sting of tears as memories of the cabin came back. Ones of me, Sal, my mother, and Adam, we'd throw a football or swim in the lake. Sal would bar-b-q and mom would tell scary stories around the camp fire. I felt a tear slip out and I wiped it away. I began to run again and I knew that what happened here today wouldn't haunt me but the memories if what my life was would.