13- After math of Kiss

A/N: As I promised here is the update. I will update next Friday but if I get some extra time and inspiration I will update soon.
Now back to the story
⚠beware of grammatical errors ⚠
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Pov:

The morning sun rays shone through the wall-length windows and penetrated through Rudra's closed eyes lids causing him to grunt in his sleep. Soon he opened his eyes and closed them the next moment due to the brightness. He opened his eyes once again but this time away from the sunlight. He yawned while he sat up on the couch.

He began to stretch his sleepy limbs but he abruptly stopped when excruciating pain hit him. He clenched his head in pain and groaned. He slowly raised to his feet and amble to the kitchen. He pulled open a cupboard and picked up a box containing tablets and ointments. He snatched the painkillers and then went towards the fridge for water.

After jugging down the tablet he stayed still while grabbing the kitchen counter tightly. A few minutes later, he felt his pain lessening and sighed in relief.  That's when the memories of yesterday flood his mind. He recalls that he left as soon as he freshens up and changed his clothes. He was way too frustrated and angry to stay in the same house as Ananya.

He was angry at himself for being insensitive and frustrated by Ananya and her tantrums. She started to get on his nerves ever since he married her. He had to cool himself down with the help of some shots but somehow he lost the count of the shots and ended up getting wasted. Rudra blamed it on Ananya who have more impact on him than he was willing to admit. He huffed in annoyance as he remembered their fight.

But his silent huffs came to a sudden stop when he got splashed by the memories of the kiss they shared yesterday. His jaw dropped along with the bottle he was holding. "F*CK!! Why in the world I kissed her?! Sh*t" he began cursing at himself while pulling his hair in frustration.

"Rudra? What happened?" A familiar melodious voice fell on his ear. Her voice is enough to rise heat in him and burn him in feelings he felt before. He slowly turned to look at her. She had a special glow on her face today but worry and concern were written all over her face. Without realizing he kept on staring at her making her squirm under his gaze.

His legs walk towards her as if they have their mind, his gaze stuck at her face while she was gaping at him with anticipation. She could recognize the identical expression in him that she saw the previous night. "Is he going to kiss me again?" She continues to stare at him in hope and nervousness. But he suddenly came to halt as if something switches on in him. His face contorted into a horrified expression before he stepped away from her and sprinted upstairs leaving her dumbfounded and disappointed.

Once he entered his room he slammed closed the door. 'Oh, sh*t! Was I going to kiss her again? What's wrong with me?." he whispered-yelled at himself. He couldn't understand the feelings he felt toward her, it confuses him to a great extent. He felt as if he got addicted to her lips. He angrily exhaled and burst into the bathroom for a cold shower hoping it will calm him down.

Ananya was helplessly staring at Rudra - who she thought was running away from her as if he was disgusted by her presence- with a heavy heart. Tears began to well up in her eyes but she pushed them back with a great effort.

"Of course, he is going to regret kissing me. What was I thinking? How could I think he kissed me wholeheartedly?" She exclaimed to herself. She shook her head to expel those thoughts and starts to prepare breakfast hoping it will distract her from the pain.

Ananya prepared toast and an omelet since she came to know that this was Rudra's favorite breakfast. She served the food along with some juice. Rudra's footsteps caught her attention soon he came in front of her. He sat down without sparing a glance at her and devour his breakfast rather quickly. She was staring at him hoping he'll compliment her cooking but got none as usual.