Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

Ren

Last year, I would have never guessed that I'd be going to the formal with Austin Lancer. Just to be honest, I thought I never even wanted to go. Last year, I wasn't a fan of socializing or merely going to events where there are a lot of people.

I didn't go to parties, formals and even dates. Now, things have changed. But in a good way. I manage to keep my grades up and enjoy the last year of college with my five best friends. Who would have known that I'd be best friends with the most popular guys in the campus?

I shake my head. Who would have known that I'd be dating one of them? It's funny how life has its own plan for you.

"Did I tell how beautiful you look tonight?" he asks.

I laugh. "You have, for like, the tenth time tonight."

We grab some punch and bump into Kristen and Brad. Kristen and I hug and complement each other's dress and makeup while Brad and Austin do that guy handshake guys usually do.

Kristen then grabs Brad hand and they go off to the dancefloor. I find a photo booth at the other side of the area. I grab Austin's hand and tow him to the direction. I push the curtain aside and get in. Austin does the same and closes the curtain.

I press the button and it does a count down. After one, I smile and Austin does the same. For the second shot, Austin wraps an arm around my shoulder and pulls me closer. I stick my tongue out while he kisses me cheek. On the third shot, Austin makes a funny face while I kiss him on the cheek.

For the last countdown for the fourth photo, we have our forehead resting against each other. He has his hands on either side of my face.

Three...I stare into his green eyes and he stares into my brown ones.

Two...I look down at his lips and I quickly lick mine. I want to kiss him. I bite my lip and he looks down at mine.

One...he slowly leans in and I kiss him. I kiss him. We kiss like we needed it. We kiss like it kept us alive. When I kissed Andre, I felt fireworks. But this kiss is different. Kissing Austin, I feel I'm the firework. I'm the one exploding into different colors.

He pulls away to catch a breath. He's still resting his head against mine. I smile and he smiles toothily. "I've been wanting to do that for so long," he admits.

We get out of the booth and head for the dancefloor. We find the others dancing and we join them as the DJ places a Jason Derulo song. We shake our butts off to the music and jump until our feet couldn't take the heels anymore. Then, the DJ starts playing a slow song.

Austin grabs my hand and pulls me to him. I wrap my arms around his neck and he wraps his around my waist. We sway with the music. He looks down at me before leaning in and kissing me on the lips. He licks the bottom of my lip and I open my mouth, letting his tongue meet mine. I tilt my head to the side for a better access. His tongue dances with mine and I love thee taste of him.

We pull away and take a breath. He stares down at me. "I love you," he says.

I blink. "What?"

He smiles, "I love you, Ren."

I look away. He loves me. "You don't have to say anything right now, but I just wanted you to know-"

"I love you too," I look back at him.

His lips slowly curve to a wider smile. "You do?"

I nod, smiling. We probably look stupid for too much smiling. "I do. I love you." I tiptoe and kiss him again.