Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Ren

I liked talking to Andre. I don't get how he's related to Travis; he's sweet, nice, easy to talk to, and he is hot. I mean, Travis is hot, but Andre is Spain hot. The fact that he has an accent is a definite bonus.

Andre invites me to his welcome back party by the river and I don't mind going to another party – I've honestly gotten used to it – but I the fact that it's by the river. Keyword: bikinis. Girls will be swimming and wearing bikinis and I've never worn a bikini my entire life. It just wasn't me, you know? I'm more of a board shorts and rush guard kind of girl.

"But honestly," Andre takes my hand. "I'd really appreciate it if you'd come to the party."

I blush and he smiles at my reaction. I hear Austin coughing beside me and I quickly pull my hand away. Austin disappears to the bathroom and Travis calls Andre for a rematch. Andre grabs my and quickly plants a kiss at the back.

"I'll be right back, bella." He sits down beside Travis and grabs another controller. I check the time and my next class will be starting in fifteen minutes. I sigh, standing up and grabbing my things for class. I bid my goodbyes to the guys but Austin still hasn't come out from the bathroom.

The party has been the talk of the last three days. Everyone has been talking about the party the party tonight. Apparently, word travels fast. Heading back to my dorm I hear girls squealing about bikinis and shirtless boys. My face wrinkles. The party sounds epic, but seeing all the girls in bikinis and me in board shorts? I think I'll pass. I'd be the laughing stock of the night!

"Ren!" I turn around and see Megan fighting through the crowd to get to me. She gets to me and grabs my shoulders. "You're coming to the party, right?"

I shake my head and her jaw drops. "What? But why not?"

"Bikinis and shirtless guys aren't really my thing," I shrug.

She narrows her eyes and points her index finger at me. "I'm starting to think someone's gay for girls," she says wryly. I gape at her and lightly slap her arm. "You don't mind me going, do you? Because I can stay if you want-"

I cut her off immediately. "No, go. I'll be fine. I have tons of work to do anyway."

She gives me a sad smile. "Okay, but if you're changing your mind. I'll see you there." She pulls me into a quick hug before running off the other direction.

I drop by my dorm to leave my books behind before heading down to the café. I go in and see Austin sitting alone. I furrow my brows. Where are the others? Without any hesitation, I take the vacant chair across from him. Austin doesn't glance my way and focuses on his coffee. I tilt my head.

"You okay?" I ask. He shrugs. "You look troubled."

"Nah, I'm just tired," he points out before taking a sip from his drink. "Are you going to the party tonight?" he looks up at me and I shake my head.

He narrows his eyes, waiting for me to tell him that I was kidding. But I keep a straight face and he sighs. "I guess I'll be staying too then," he says nonchalantly.

I frown at him and reach across the table to poke him on his shoulder. "Hey." He looks up at me. "Why aren't you going?"

"Because you're not going?" he asks in a 'duh' tone.

I raise my eyebrows at him. "Am I some pity party to you? Please. Just go." I shake my head and stand up but he grabs my wrists and sits me back down.

"You're not a pity party," he rolls his eyes before looking at me sternly. "I don't want to leave you alone so I guess I'll have to stay with you and annoy you."

I open my mouth to say something but he beats me to it, "And there's nothing you can do about it." He adds, smirking.

I cross my arms over my chest and frown. "Gosh you annoy me." I mutter. I hear the doors burst open and I look over my shoulder to see Madison stomping her way to our table.

Madison apparently is Austin's ex. According to rumors, Austin never really cared about her. The only thing he loved was the attention and pleasure Madison gave him. I shiver at the thought of Madison and Austin.

"Madison?" Austin furrows his brows. "What are you doing here?"

Madison ignores him and grabs my arm. "We need to talk." She says and starts to pull me up when Austin yanks my arm free from her grasp.

"She's not going anywhere," he says, giving her a firm look.

She shoots Austin an innocent smile before grabbing my arm again. "We go to the same class. I need to ask her about her report," she says lightly before pulling me to my feet and towing me outside.

"We don't have a class together..."

"Shut it, nerd." She snaps and I shut my mouth immediately. She points a finger at me, "Listen, Austin is mine and he will always be mine. Too bad for you, I don't like sharing. So back off."

"Are you going to the party tonight?" she raises her eyebrow at me.

I shake my head, "It isn't really my thing."

She smirks, "Good. Don't ever think of stepping foot in that party."

"Don't let me ask twice. I won't be as nice as now," she points out. She turns around but looks back at me. "And if he asks, we talked about grouping together for next week's project, alright? Goodie."

She turns on her heels and walks away. What the heck is her deal? How dare she tell me what to do? I stomp my way back in the café and sit back down on my chair. Austin asks me what she wanted and ignore him. I keeping thinking of what Madison said.

"Don't ever think of stepping foot in that party."

"Shut it, nerd."

I'll show her a nerd that can party and rebel to her. I bite my lower lip and look at Austin. "I change my mind," I say.

"I'm going to that party."