DAY 1 - Kaboomball tournament

Image at the beginning of the chapter: @t_odori on twitter

Prompt: Beach

"Look, look! There's a strange machine here! And there's something written on this sign over there!"

The little girl dressed all in red was jumping up and down, pointing to a kind of big machine in the shape of a dodoco as well as a small sign planted in the sand beside it. The group of friends approached the mechanism that had caught the attention of the rambunctious little girl that was Klee.

"It says that this is a game with three difficulties: Kaboomball," Jean explained after standing in front of the sign to read it. "In theory, we have to send back balls sent by the dodoco fortress with a racket to score points."

"Probably one of the various mechanisms installed by Alice," Albedo thought aloud.

"Game... Razor wants to... play with... friends," added the wolf of the bunch with a pleading puppy look.

"It looks like it can be played in teams of two," Barbara completed after approaching Jean and the sign.

"Hmpf, futile. I'll leave you to your hobby," Diluc declared as he began to walk away from the group.

"Come on, come on. Would the great Diluc be afraid to lose at such a simplistic game?" taunted Kaeya, knowing exactly what to say to change his adopted brother's mind.

The latter stopped in his tracks, and turned to face a smiling Kaeya. That smug smile he hated so much didn't take long to convince him that he had to crush him, whether it was a simple game or not.

"You'll regret your words when I beat you to a pulp."

"I'm only waiting for that."

The whole group had been watching the exchange between brothers with a soft laugh, but only one person brought up the issue.

"If we're going to do pairs, we're an odd number," Lumine then said, pointing at Klee, who had meanwhile fallen asleep on a corner of the beach. The group had spent all day walking the islands of the Golden Apple Archipelago, so it was only natural that a little girl who had been running around was completely exhausted.

Just as the Acting Grand Master, who always had a way of finding solutions for everything, was about to suggest something, a melodious voice that Lumine knew all too well cut her off.

"By joining you, the problem will be solved ~."

No sooner had Childe's voice been heard than a huge phoenix of fire flew toward the Eleventh Harbinger's silhouette as it approached them. Diluc had inhuman reflexes, but Childe was no match for him as he dodged nonchalantly and without difficulty.

Seeing that Diluc was reaching for his claymore to slice the man he couldn't stand, Lumine stepped in to prevent the situation from ending in cold-blooded murder on an idyllic beach. The red-haired man gave her an evil look before finally putting away his weapon. Letting out a sigh after having avoided the worst, the young woman turned back to the person who had almost killed her in the Golden House.