DAY 3 - A melancholic birthday

Image at the beginning of the chapter: @xoKIKIKIox on twitter

𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙋𝙔 𝘽𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙃𝘿𝘼𝙔 𝘾𝙃𝙄𝙇𝘿𝙀, 𝙒𝙀 𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀 𝙔𝙊𝙐 (𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙥 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙇𝙪𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙚)!!! <3

Prompt: Birthday

Toc, toc, toc.

The knock on Childe's door was slightly hesitant and for good reason: the one on the other side of the apartment door had never set foot here and had never imagined setting foot here for a long time, if ever.

Lumine had originally planned to meet Childe in the streets of Liyue Harbor or in its vicinity, but everything had not gone as planned: he was nowhere to be found. She had searched everywhere and had asked everyone who knew him if they had seen him at some point during the day, but without success. She had even gone so far as to ask Ekaterina if he had shown up at the Northland Bank, which proved how desperate she was!

Unfortunately, the only answer she came up with was that he was probably at home, maybe sick. For some reason, Ekaterina had given her a small piece of paper with the address of the Eleventh Harbinger so that she could visit him.

She thought she would go home and see him in the next few days, but her intuition that this particular day would not come for another year held her back. Instead of going back to Paimon, who was waiting for her in their room at the inn, she was now standing in front of the door of the young man's apartment.

She had knocked hesitantly, hoping that Childe would not get the wrong idea about her presence in front of his flat, but strangely, the door didn't open. Beginning to be alarmed that something had really happened to him, she knocked harder and longer, praying that he would open the damn door before she was forced to unhinge it to see for herself what was going on.

Finally, as she activated her Anemo power in one hand to nuke the door —it was taking too long to unhinge and Childe was rich, so why bother?—, while her other hand was careful not to shake her burden, the sound of the door handle prevented her from carrying out her plan.

When the door finally opened, the figure of a Childe dressed only in boxers appeared.

"Lu-Lumine? What are you doing here?"

"Put on something first!" exclaimed a peony red Lumine while turning her back in embarrassment.

She heard his footsteps fade away as he went deeper into his apartment, before finally returning, warning her to turn around. To her delight, Childe had hastily put on a pair of black shorts and a burgundy shirt.

"Sorry, I didn't think I'd have any visitors. So what are you doing here?"

"I... I came by to bring you something..." she admitted as she lifted what she was holding.