Sass and Tikkis' Plan

Author's Note:

*Kudos to the artist of that pic BTW, it fits in so well!

*Apologies too if Sass' drawn out S sounds get annoying to read, I just wanted to stay true to his character.

*Ok, I really have no idea how the miraculous work and when the Kwamis appear because sometimes they just open the box without having them on yet and they are there. But for the sake of argument I'm just going to pretend that they need to put them on to make the Kwami appear. So sue me if I'm wrong. 😝 Enjoy!

Back in Marinette's room, Tikki said to Alya, 'Here, put on the snake miraculous'

'What? Why?' she replied. 'I feel like I'm being a traitor to Trixx now!'

'Alya, it's only so Sass can appear and we can explain the plan!' Tikki replied. 'Or Marinette can do it, it doesn't really matter.'

'Oh, of course, I'll do it' Alya replied as she obliged and put on the bracelet.

Sass appeared in front of them.
'Oh, a new holder, to whom do I have the pleassssure?' Sass said to Alya.

'Oh no, don't look at me, I already have a Kwami!' Alya quickly responded.

'Sass,' Tikki began. 'We have a problem.'

'Ahh, the 1000 yearsss ago one?' he guessed.

'The one in the same' Tikki sighed.

'So the blue haired boy is sssstill my holder?' Sass said happily.

'Yes, Sass, Luka is still your holder.' Marinette replied. 'And it looks like he will be for the foreseeable future.'

'Oh, that'sss delightful!' Sass said. 'He handled my powersss very well! He's one of the best holdersss I have had in a long time! Much better than that blonde haired boy you gave me to in the firssst place.'

Marinette looked sheepish. 'Heh, heh, yeah, let's not go there.'

'Oh, there's no getting out of this girl, you're telling me all about this later!' Alya nudged her.

'Anyway! Focus everyone!' Tikki said. 'Do we want to help Luka or not?'

'Yes Tikki!' they all replied at once.

'Okay then' Tikki began. 'Your mission should you choose to accept it, is at the sleepover tonight to get the snake miraculous on Lukas' wrist while he is asleep and before his nightmare begins. Sass can handle the rest as he's done this at least once before. Any questions?'

Marinette gulped.

'What about Rose and Juleka?' Alya asked. Can they help?'

'They can help' Tikki replied. 'However, under no circumstances can they find out that snake bracelet is a miraculous. Is that clear?'

'Clear as crystal.'  Alya said.

'Hmm, maybe I can say it's a special bracelet to get rid of nightmares?' Marinette suggested.

'Good idea Marinette,' Tikki replied.
'Uh, just how do we explain that it has to go on him without him noticing?' Alya said.

'Rose and Juleka love magic stuff' Marinette replied. 'If I tell them that's how the magic works, I'm sure they will welcome the challenge to try to get it on him. Kinda like a game.' Marinette smiled.

'Well this is far from a game Marinette, this is serious!' Tikki replied. 'The longer these nightmares go on for Luka, it will start to affect other aspects of his waking life too. That's why we have to nip it in the bud now, before it's too late.'

"We understand Tikki.' Alya said. 'Just trying to work out the logistics of this so Rose and Juleka don't find out the bracelet is a miraculous.'

'That's another thing.' Tikki said. 'The longer Luka wears the miraculous before the nightmare starts, the better.'

'Why's that?' Marinette asked.

'I can anssswer that,' Sass began. 'The longer I am held by an owner I am able to connect more to their sssubconscious dream ssstate. Therefore I am able to help him control and conquer the nightmare. He may get ssome unwanted revelationsss though. I won't be able to do anything about that. But usssually they work out for the bessst outcome for you both going forward.'

Sass winked at Marinette. She smiled.

'Wait, Sass, how long did Adrien wear your miraculous for, just out of curiosity?' Alya asked.

'Alya!' Marinette hissed.

'Ugh, that blonde boy used me for months. If I wasn't an immortal being I thought I'd die. It didn't feel right at all because he wasn't right. I didn't connect with him at all. I connected more with that blue haired boy in the half an hour he had me than I would have in a lifetime with the other one. It was almossst like he already had a mmm!'

'AHEM!' Tikki said as she covered Sass' mouth. 'Maybe we should just leave it there Sass and let Marinette finish packing an overnight bag so we can go?'

Alya took the snake miraculous off and Sass disappeared.

Alya started helping Marinette pack. 'I can't believe Adrien had Sass for months girl!'

Marinette sighed. 'Ok, ok, so it wasn't Ladybugs' finest hour. Besides I've moved on from Adrien now, I love Luka. We gotta do this for him! I can't have my future boyfriend having horrible nightmares any more! Team Lukanette?'

Marinette put her hand out and Alya and Tikki put theirs on top too.

'Team Lukanette!' they all said together.