The Sleepover Begins

Author's Note:

OMG, I can't believe how much that dream catcher pic screams Luka, it even looks like the colour of his hair! I am going to imagine this is the very one Rose made for Luka 😊 Enjoy!

As soon as Marinette had finished packing they headed over to the Liberty and got there around sunset.

Rose met them on the ramp.
'Hey guys!' she said.
'Hey Rose!' they replied.

'I was busy this afternoon making something to help with Luka's nightmares. It's called a dream catcher!' Rose exclaimed.

'I've heard of those!' Marinette replied. 'I'm sure he'd love it!

'Come on in and I'll give it to him and explain how it works!'

They all walked on board. Juleka met them and was already in her pyjamas.

'Hey guys' she said. 'I've set up the living room with pillows and blankets to put our sleeping bags on. Or you can just sleep on the couch.'

'Uh, I might need the couch, I knew I forgot something!' Marinette said sheepishly.

The girls all laughed.

'It's all yours Marinette. You can all get changed in my cabin if you want' Juleka said and so they all went to get in their pyjamas as well.

When they came out Luka and Juleka were chatting.

'Hey girls,' Luka said as they came over.

'Hey Luka!' they all said.

'Oh, Luka, I have something for you!' Rose said as she got something out of her bag.

'Really Rose?' Luka replied. 'You didn't have to get me anything. It's not my birthday'

'I made it myself!' Rose said as he opened it.

'It's a dream catcher!' Rose began. 'See, it's shaped like a spider's web and the bead in the middle represents a spider. They are supposed to work by letting only good dreams through and any bad dreams are caught in the web and are destroyed by the spider or when the sun comes up.'

'That's such a thoughtful gift Rose, thank you so much.' Luka replied. 'I'll make sure I hang it up before I go to sleep tonight.'

Luka had ordered pizza and when it arrived they ate and hung out together and chatted and laughed together for a while.

After a little while Luka yawned and got up and said, 'I'd better get an early night guys. Thanks again for the dream catcher Rose! I'll hang it up in front of my window now before I go to sleep. Goodnight everyone! Goodnight Marinette!' He said as he smiled lovingly at her. She blushed.

'Goodnight Luka!' they all said.

'Sweet dreams!' Marinette added as she smiled at him.

'I hope so!' he replied and waved as he walked to his cabin.

When he'd gone into his cabin and closed the door Juleka said softly, 'We'd better keep our voices down from now on so he can sleep.'

'I have an even better idea' Rose whispered. She started a group chat on her phone with the four of them. They all smiled.

'Just make sure your phones are on silent' she whispered.

Marinette and Alya were getting butterflies in their stomachs knowing what they soon had to try to do. They gave each other a knowing look.