Dawn Of A New Beginning

Luka looked out the window. 'It's almost sunrise' he observed.

'Indeed it isss!' Sass replied. 'What are you ssstill doing here? Why don't you go enjoy it with your girl?' Sass winked at Luka. Luka smiled and sighed happily.

Luka's heart started pounding as he got up and walked out to the living room where the four girls were still sleeping.

He spotted Marinette asleep on the couch and smiled. He went over and gently shook her shoulder and whispered her name.

'Oh, morning Luka!' Marinette whispered as she sat up.
'How did you sleep?'
'Very well...thanks to you..." Luka smiled the most loving smile she had ever seen him smile. Marinette blushed.

'Would you do me the honour of watching the sunrise with me?' Luka asked her. 'Let's not wake the others though' he whispered.

'Of course' Marinette whispered and took his hand and stood up as he led her out onto the upper deck of the Liberty.

They went and looked out over the bow of the boat, the early morning sun beginning to glisten like jewels on the water, Luka still holding Marinette's hand.

'Did Sass help you conquer your nightmare Luka?' Marinette asked.
'He sure did' Luka replied and smiled at her. 'Thank you for bringing him to me...' he leaned in close to her ear and whispered, 'Ladybug...'

'I thought Sass might reveal that to you.' Marinette smiled. 'You're not mad that I kept it a secret from you?'

'Not at all Marinette. Because you can't just have anybody finding that out. Trust has to be earned. And what better way to earn that trust than to have a Kwami test you for it?' Luka said.

'You've got a point there!' Marinette replied.
'Although you have the snake miraculous permanently now Luka, I would still only call on your help when required. Is that okay with you?'

'That's fair enough. I wouldn't want to get in the way of your partnership dynamics with Cat Noir.' He smiled at her.

'So how did the dream end?'
'Ladybug and Viperion captured Hawkmoth together!'

'Wow, awesome!'

'Yeah! I was about to remove the butterfly brooch to reveal his identity but I woke up!'
Luka giggled.

Marinette laughed. 'Because we don't know it yet, but hey, if you ever get any leads let me know! Appreciate the effort though!'

'Will do!' Luka replied with a smile. 'Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to get that bracelet on my wrist without me knowing?'

'With enormous difficulty!' Marinette said giggling. 'I had to tickle your face and everything to get your hand free!'
Luka laughed. 'Well, I'm glad you managed it!'

She looked out onto the water. 'The sunrise is beautiful Luka' Marinette said as she sighed happily.

'You're more beautiful...' Luka smiled lovingly at her and squeezed her hand. Marinette looked at him and blushed.

'Now nothing is keeping us apart...' Luka whispered and brought her in close.

'You're right Luka' Marinette whispered.

'I've been wanting to kiss you for so long now' Luka whispered.

'Same here' Marinette whispered back as he leaned closer to her and kissed her passionately.

Their miraculous' tingled with electricity as if all was now right with their world and everything was falling into its proper place.

Tikki and Sass were hiding and watching them from a small distance away.

'Aww!' Tikki said.

'Nothing like a happy ending' Sass smiled.

'More like the dawn of a happy beginning' Tikki replied.

'You're right Tikki' Sass replied.

'Thanks for not calling me Sugarcube' Tikki replied.

'Sssugarcube?' Sass said, puzzled.

'Never mind.' Tikki giggled.

From the door to the top deck some distance away Alya, Rose and Juleka were watching and although they couldn't hear anything they saw the kiss too.

'Aww! Way to go bro! I guess no more nightmares' Juleka said softly.

'Operation Lukanette is complete!' Alya smiled as she took a photo of them on her phone.

'Love that name! So cute!' Rose replied.

THE END (or beginning? 😝)